Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-MAN

Reaction score
I have Husky Model 49 I purchased 4yrs ago
i did my research and settled on a husky
i went to a dealer and told him what i would be using it for
and he recomended the 49, i went back to the same dealer to get few extra parts and the person you waited on me could not believe they sold me that model. I cut about 20 cords a wood a year. He said that model is very expensive to work on. I have not had any problems with it so far. i would like to know what or if any one has or heard of this model???

I personally never thought of it as an expensive saw to work on. It definitely is not a commercial saw and was orginally only sold in California due to the emmisions. It is a decent saw but will wear out overtime due to you cutting 20 cords a year. It wasnt too expensive of a saw, sold for around $300 bucks. If you blow up anything major, start over. You will have too much use into the saw to make it worth while.

Please don't get too upset by BIG D's reply. Husky makes a great saw and with regular maintenance (clean air filter, good fuel, occassional plug) your saw should last a long time. I think what he means is that IF it comes time to do major repairs on this saw, THEN you might consider a new one rather than dump a lot of money into this one. Unfortunately, most manufacturers are selling 'throw-away' equipment rather than something to hang on to for a lifetime.
With 4 years in it, sounds like you are doing good. And I am certain that BIG D knows husky saws better than me, cause i always used Stihl's :D

Last edited:
That saw is cut from the same mold as the 51, 55, and 61 which are proven saws. The guy at the dealer is nuts. With proper maintenance you should have no problems.

Back