• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
This saw is 87cc's of log bucking, chip throwing, stumping power. If you've never had the chance to run a 288, you owe it to yourself to do so. It will make many modern saws run for truck bed.

This saw is half wrap, non-Lite version with the spring AV. It gives away very little in terms of smoothness to the newest saws.

I have been through this saw from the inside out. I split it, installed new crank bearings, gasket set, seals, and a new Meteor piston. The cylinder is perfect. It was not a clean up; no scoring or transfer. It is a non-decomp OEM cylinder. I deleted the base gasket and modded the muffler...wimps need not apply. It is a low top saw, but I do have a hi-top cover and horn, however I don't have a filter for the high top set up. I will sell it either way- buyers choice. It comes with an OEM chain brake.

I will post pics tomorrow. (It's comparable to Durand's saw that just sold, the top cover mods not withstanding). Other than the scuffs and scrapes that come with age, this saw is mechanically solid. It cranks, idles, revs, and cuts as you would expect.

The price is $400 + shipping.

012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG

Last edited:
I have both the Lite and non-Lite.... You'll not notice the difference in weight. They will both make you smile. I actually prefer the low topped version for cutting, however the larger filter does have some good points.
Nice price for the amount of work listed. Having bought from Neal in the past, I would be all over this one... except I have 3 runners...

I do have an annoying cc gap between the 85 and 94cc saws......If I buy it will you come over and start it for me when I want to run it?

The saw is sold.
Thanks.
Neal - what happened buddy? You were supposed to let me know when this saw was finished so I could have first crack at it. I slowed down my saw search and everything for the last couple months. Oh well.... The search continues. I know you're a busy guy and its hard to keep track of everyone's requests. I'm happy for the person who got it.
Take care
Dave

Latest posts

Back