Husqvarna 353 - some help plz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would try and get rid of that triobrake. I read on a UK forum that a guy broke off the handle in a fall and now it works like a normal saw. Maybe you could just cut it off.

I would try and get rid of that triobrake. I read on a UK forum that a guy broke off the handle in a fall and now it works like a normal saw. Maybe you could just cut it off.

Sure thing, ill do that as a last resort, I am not really interested in what that brake brings, I just wonder about the technical part of it, why the hell isn't it working.
Learning new stuff with Husqvarna saws here...can't just leave something "not working" you know.

I can take it off but it will probably leave an ugly mark doing it...like somethings missing :crazy2:

Ok, been comparing the clutch cover to some videos and pictures on other triobrakes.
I seem to be missing something.

See picture.
That red ring indicating something has been broken off, or ...removed, not sure.

Attachments

• DSC_2485.JPG
    DSC_2485.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Exactly, is it part nr. 537 05 79 01?
There is nothing of that sort on my clutch cover and neither is that bolt? 503 75 18 02

Which indicates that it has been removed, or another clutch cover has been put on, one which doesn't support the triobrake system?

Something is surely not right, i'm almost certain this is a clutch cover from another saw, they look the same but this one doesn't have the fancy stuff that the triobrake one with part nr. 537107802 has.

This one looks like one for a regular non triobrake 340, 345, 350, 353, 357, 359 Husqvarna saw.
Kinda like this picture from ebay.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3
Back