Husqvarna 450 side cover removed with chain break engaged!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you're right. The little actuating arm may be over extended.
I know from experience how hard those are to release though. I think some of the Husqvarnas are coming with the 3 prong scrench now; I did warranty work on a 240 that had one with it.

Since the saw is designed so that the brake has to be disengaged before the cover can be removed, why would anyone ever need to disengage the brake with the cover off?

It's a good point. I don't exactly know how or why ....but often....seriously often...people have trouble putting their brake covers back on the saws because the brake has been activated. It's one of my most popular videos.

Check the comments

It happens.. it will come off with the brake on with some force. When I was new to all of this chainsaw stuff I had a power sharp bar that was supposed to fit my 450 but knowing nothing about chainsaws I had the wrong bar on and when the chain got all jammed up i forced the cover off. With the cover off the handle looks unlocked so it took me a bit to figure it out but I pushed it on enough to unlock it with the handle.

I dont think anyone does it on purpose. Lol.

Some people like apples, some like oranges. I have only used two Stihl saws. One smaller one, i cannot remember what model. And a ms290.....they are both my uncle's saws. And to tell you the truth...I was not really impressed with either of them, and for how much a Stihl costs..I feel like I should be impressed. I am not knocking Stihl in any way, but I just like Huskies better...I like the way they look, I like the way they sound, I love the way they rev up, and the way they pull through a log. Yes I am going on mostly from watching videos, but I have used a few Huskies, including my old 35, which in my opinion is much more impressive then my uncle's small Stihl.

It's always good to have a sense of humor, keeps life interesting.
I'm sure your right about one not being much more impressive than another of simular specs, I just prefer Husky.

Some people like apples, some like oranges. I have only used two Stihl saws. One smaller one, i cannot remember what model. And a ms290.....they are both my uncle's saws. And to tell you the truth...I was not really impressed with either of them, and for how much a Stihl costs..I feel like I should be impressed. I am not knocking Stihl in any way, but I just like Huskies better...I like the way they look, I like the way they sound, I love the way they rev up, and the way they pull through a log. Yes I am going on mostly from watching videos, but I have used a few Huskies, including my old 35, which in my opinion is much more impressive then my uncle's small Stihl.
How would you know if you really liked Huskipoulans better, if you never really tried Stihl..

I didn't want to go there lol but saying a 290 was not up to par sort of made me laugh. I have both the 450 and the 290 before the larger p and c and the 290 would blow the 450 away. I would take either brand if the price was right.

I never said
I mean, this long saga over a tripped chain brake..........

I don't think you have used enough of either brand to make any great online pronouncements...
No I haven't had much experience with either brand. I did state that I was mostly going off videos. And that I liked the way Huskies looked, and sounded better....what's the big deal? I have a preference, so what? I haven't been cutting that many years, I am here to learn, not trying to put down any brand, and I didn't.

I didn't want to go there lol but saying a 290 was not up to par sort of made me laugh. I have both the 450 and the 290 before the larger p and c and the 290 would blow the 450 away. I would take either brand if the price was right.
I'm not saying it was a bad saw..at the time that I tried out my uncle's ms290, I owned a cs590, that I sold to my cousin. I just really didn't like the feel of the 290. I was in no way comparing the 450 to the ms290.

Latest posts

Back