Husqvarna 66

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinachip

Reaction score
Anyone know if the husky 66 crankcase is compatitable with any other saws? Also any other models that might be compatible would be helpful . I'm trying to fix up an old 66 but having some problems finding parts.

Anyone know if the husky 66 crankcase is compatitable with any other saws? Also any other models that might be compatible would be helpful . I'm trying to fix up an old 66 but having some problems finding parts.

Sometimes you can go to Bailey's saw part section and tell
what parts are compatitable, it has helped me a few times
in the past.

http://www.baileysonline.com/

TT

Husky IPLs is another place to look. Find the right 66 one for your saw, and start comparing with the late 266 ones and the early 268 ones. Other models in the same "family" will also share some parts.

162, 61, 66, 266, 268, 272 and maybe a few others.

I believe the 66 should have the same intake as the 268 and 272, so you could swap on those top ends easily. Some of the earlier saws had a different thread on the clutch spider. Some of the saws had a one piece ignition and some had a two piece ignition, those parts can not be interchanged because the crank cases are made differently. You can not use a one piece flywheel on a two piece saw because your timing will be off, and vise versa. There were also at least two different flywheel/crank combos for each ignition system, one had the key cast into the flywheel and one had a separate key. Again you can not interchange the flywheels between key types.

Last edited:
Back