husqvarna L65 oil seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a Husqvarna l65 for my private collection , I have converted it to electronic ignition, with one of those sig modules, and it now has a spark & I have had it started ;o) but it will only run using the choke like a throttle, its had a new fuel line and carb kit and I'm 90% sure the oil seals must be shot as it hasn't been used for 20-30 years. do these have unique oil seals or do seals off the 61., 266, 162 etc. fit ? I thought they may be a tight squeeze to get over the cam for the points on the crankshaft ? Captain Dangerous

I have recently acquired a Husqvarna l65 for my private collection , I have converted it to electronic ignition, with one of those sig modules, and it now has a spark & I have had it started ;o) but it will only run using the choke like a throttle, its had a new fuel line and carb kit and I'm 90% sure the oil seals must be shot as it hasn't been used for 20-30 years. do these have unique oil seals or do seals off the 61., 266, 162 etc. fit ? I thought they may be a tight squeeze to get over the cam for the points on the crankshaft ? Captain Dangerous
Hey Captain Dangers-

I recently acquired an Husqvarna L65. I want to convert it to an ignition module. My flywheel has 4 magnets inside. Can I still install an ignition module system and it work? Which brand/system did you install in yours?

Thanks!

Captain Dangers-

Also, where is your ignition module installed? Under the flywheel or someplace else?

By the way, I’m thinking of purchase by the Oregon Universal Ignition Module, #33-053. Is that simular to what you installed?

Thanks!

Captain Dangers-

Also, where is your ignition module installed? Under the flywheel or someplace else?

By the way, I’m thinking of purchase by the Oregon Universal Ignition Module, #33-053. Is that simular to what you installed?

Thanks!
i install my chips on the mag alloy crank case , the thin part (bulkhead) which separates the carb section from the engine section and directs the air circulation to cool the engine the (top right of the flywheel) its cosy but it can be done i fit that last after the wiring is complete and flywheel are back on, its also a bit of a pain getting the kill wire through the grommet with the ht lead so patience is a virtue on this conversion. the easiest i have converted using the sig-01 thus far is the himelite xl-12 and lombard .

Hey Captain Dangers-

I recently acquired an Husqvarna L65. I want to convert it to an ignition module. My flywheel has 4 magnets inside. Can I still install an ignition module system and it work? Which brand/system did you install in yours?

Thanks!
SIG i think. it wasn't the nova type just the little chrome one with one terminal . C D

Back