Husqvarna X-Cut chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't need it for that purpose, as they already are the market leader - but this is a good time to start making their own, as there are signs that Oregon production is getting more international (= at least some of it moving to third world countries).
Hey Niko, how u been old friend?

They don't need it for that purpose, as they already are the market leader - but this is a good time to start making their own, as there are signs that Oregon production is getting more international (= at least some of it moving to third world countries).

If the Hq is already the market leader,befitting to have own chain factory.:)
Are they already front of the Stihl?
Hmm .....in my country, the Stihl is the first for sure.
I know it is doesnt count a lot....

If the Hq is already the market leader,befitting to have own chain factory.:)
Are they already front of the Stihl?
Hmm .....in my country, the Stihl is the first for sure.
I know it is doesnt count a lot....

World wide they are, but it varies between different markets of course.

World wide they are, but it varies between different markets of course.
Let me ask you about the hq market leader position, us you said.
I read in official hq page, that their goal the market leadership by 2020.
For me it means, they are not the leader right now.
Am I right?

Let me ask you about the hq market leader position, us you said.
I read in official hq page, that their goal the market leadership by 2020.
For me it means, they are not the leader right now.
Am I right?

Market leader for what, where?

The answer always will depend on what products and markets are included in the equation - so the expression "market leader" is quite meaningless without defining the "market" accurately. The marketing people does of course define it exactly as it suits their purpose, so don't put too much into what they say.

If the "market" is world wide and includes all outdoor power equipment related items, I am sure the answer is the Husky group - but when the "market" is more restricted (like chainsaw only, in the US) the answer may well be a different one. It also is an important factor that Husky owns a lot of other brands, while Stihl doesn't - so if those are included or not is a major factor.

Market leader for what, where?

The answer always will depend on what products and markets are included in the equation - so the expression "market leader" is quite meaningless without defining the "market" accurately. The marketing people does of course define it exactly as it suits their purpose, so don't put too much into what they say.

If the "market" is world wide and includes all outdoor power equipment related items, I am sure the answer is the Husky group - but when the "market" is more restricted (like chainsaw only, in the US) the answer may well be a different one. It also is an important factor that Husky owns a lot of other brands, while Stihl doesn't - so if those are included or not is a major factor.

You are right. I was not correct to define how I mean.

In Outdoor power equipment segment, I meant.

" ......all outdoor power equipment related items, I am sure the answer is the Husky group ..."

That is strange for me,because I never ever heared that the Hq is already leader in outdoor power equipment market.
Do not get me wrong, I do believe If you are saying, but I never get any kind of correct info to confirm this statement.

The Stihl owns a brand.
Viking.

But I would be curious the stihl or hq sells more chainsaw in world wide under the hq or Stihl name?
Of course the hq Co. is much bigger and owns much more brand to compare with Stihl.

I'm not sure what the relationship between Stihl and Viking is, and I left it out because of that. At least they share the distribution/dealer network in Europe, but that's all I really know.

Viking is the daughter company from Stihl. They are in Kufstein, Austria.

Check this page.

http://www.stihl.com/corporate-structure.aspx#l1

Click the "Europe" icon, and you will find the Viking Gmbh

The Stihl owns the Viking in 100%.
No daughter stuff.
In 1992, actually the Stihl bought the Viking, simple is that. The Stihl define everything about Viking gmbh.
It means, the Stihl is the owner.

The Viking Gmbh is located in Austria, Langkampfen, Hans-Peter-Stihl street 5. :innocent:

Sorry for OFF topic subject.

Back