Huztl have ripped me off!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what to say. Some Sympathy from me for sure.
I know exactly what mother would say though.

" If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"
And "oh come on! You must have done something? These things only happen to you. It's never ever Jamie's fault is it?
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you must buy from Huztl just go through ebay and pay with paypal. If there's a dispute or even if the buyer is clearly in the wrong or trying to pull a scam they will back him rather than the seller. I speak from experience as a seller. All you have to say is "missing", "not as advertised", or "defective" and you'll get your money back and may get to keep the item if the seller won't pay for return postage..

All that over some missing hardware?

Look, don't get offended, I'm not attacking you.

You bought a cheap knockoff saw that was missing some hardware. Presumably you saved hundreds of dollars vs buying the actual name brand. Why don't you leave a negative review on their site(s) and move on with your life. Go buy some hardware and put it in and go cut wood.

You get what you pay for. If you wasn't 100% satisfaction guarantee buy from eBay where you can return it.

I disagree with you, it sounds like the OP handled things in an appropriate manner, and was treated Poorly by the vendor.

I Personally like to hear both Good and Bad reviews, so long as they are accurate and respectful, that helps me decide who to do business with, and who not to.

I have posted here about my Excellent experiences with Dave "The Chainsaw Guy" DHT log splitter and My Husqvarna saws.

Honest Accurate reviews benefit everyone.

Doug

The real problem with dealing directly with a Chinese company, like Huztl, is a completely different set of business ethics. Something that we consider over the line, bad business practices, and just plain rude is standard operating procedure for them. I know this first hand, my late father married a Chinese woman and brought her to America 13 years ago. I got to know her and some of her Chinese friends. I considered many of their practices rude and unscrupulous. Their business side can be considered cutthroat.

If don't believe me, go eat at a Chinese restaurant and try to return the food you are not happy with for a refund.

I disagree with you, it sounds like the OP handled things in an appropriate manner, and was treated Poorly by the vendor.

I Personally like to hear both Good and Bad reviews, so long as they are accurate and respectful, that helps me decide who to do business with, and who not to.

I have posted here about my Excellent experiences with Dave "The Chainsaw Guy" DHT log splitter and My Husqvarna saws.

Honest Accurate reviews benefit everyone.

Doug
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He's also entitled to rip them a new one, I'm not discouraging his from making a review.

I don't condone their business practice but I also dont have high expectations for the Chinese products.

Like i said, you get what you pay for some times. Obviously the top manufacturez have worked hard to ensure things like this don't happen. That reliability and product satisfaction comes at a price and is part of why name brand saws are more expensive. Even the home owner saws sold in the box stores have a better guarantee. Choose your price point I guess.

But seriously, how much hardware are we talking?

I am still waiting on an order from Oct 7th. Contacted them on the 20th and they said “Shipped. 10-14 days.” Well after 20 days I contacted them again and they said “Shipped. 10-14 days is normal, sometime customs takes long.” Getting kind of frustrated as I have a torn apart saw occupying my workbench for well over a month. I hate waiting on parts.

They have blocked me on Facebook messenger, email and my alternate email address. All this over 7 missing items probably worth $10 to them.
Im not worried about the money side of it, i bought another 2x OEM Stihls on the weekend, its all about the PRINCIPLE.
Cr#p service gets cr#p reviews!

If Huztl is deliberately doing this they must not realize that this is not a good long term practice, it will drive customers away. I was actually considering a MS250 kit but after reading some posts here and other places I've changed my mind. I'll buy used 250s and fix them up instead.

If Huztl is deliberately doing this they must not realize that this is not a good long term practice, it will drive customers away. I was actually considering a MS250 kit but after reading some posts here and other places I've changed my mind. I'll buy used 250s and fix them up instead.
Exactly,
I originally purchased the 361 kit for a little fun project. But the hassel has far outweighed the fun now. And obviously these saws may or may not work ok (if your lucky enough to get a complete kit) and be ok as a "Occasional Use" saw. But be warned, the time it takes to get these things shipped and eventually assembled, you are left with something that is basically "Worthless" when compared to a second hand OEM saw.

My parts FINALLY showed up yesterday. Well, the majority of my parts; Missing the intake boot. I was so pissed I just ordered one off of ebay. I can’t wait another month to get a single part.

I’ll be honest; I was pretty stoked to deal with a company with inexpensive parts. Not anymore. Just made another parts order from a site sponsor, hopefully no issues with them.

Latest posts

Back