Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, i realized that after trying 70cc in the bush. switched back to the 90's again and i ain't never going back. rest assured 70cc would do YOU just fine though. i actually really like that 576. the 385/390's do have more balls then a 576 but a guy would be surprised what a 576 is capable of. i cut some pretty dang big wood with a 576. probably bigger then you will ever cut.
Our little saws are fine for the wood WE cut, but we're all gonna need a 1600cc bikesaw to cut through the piles of bullsh!t you keep dropping:rolleyes:

Our little saws are fine for the wood WE cut, but we're all gonna need a 1600cc bikesaw to cut through the piles of bullsh!t you keep dropping:rolleyes:

how is that ********? he says why would anyone use something smaller then a 385. i liked his post, and proceeded telling him i agree although 70cc would work for HIM as it has worked for me in huge wood(i don't think i've ever seen huskstihl with a 70cc is why). you watch you mouth you imposter jackass POS! "I have a potty mouth"!

how is that ********? he says why would anyone use something smaller then a 385. i liked his post, and proceeded telling him i agree although 70cc would work for HIM as it has worked for me in huge wood(i don't think i've ever seen huskstihl with a 70cc is why). you watch you mouth you imposter jackass POS! "I have a potty mouth"!
Thats not huskstihl, it's huskihl! Wrong guy, Shane...
:laugh:

It's poser. Not imposter. Get it right

Just saw this thread over on FWH by DexterDay called "MS 460 vs Jred 2171". Likely the link here would be censored so just google it. Videos show the proof in the thread, quoted summary below...

My MS 460 (77 cc) vs 2171 w/XPW jug on it (75 cc). Both ported by Mastermind.

I just got an unlimited coil for the 2171 recently (thanks JRSDWS) and now it was a fair fight.

Both tuned to about 15,000

I made 3 cuts and timed them twice. Then took an average.

2171 - 2.61 secs
MS 460 - 2.87 secs

The Jred is a strong saw with the quad port cylinder. Definitely a great running saw.

A quad port cylinder is hard to beat with a dual port cylinder, but they are very close, likely the extra displacement on the Stihl is helping compensate for the better flow in the Jred.

It would be interesting to see how a ported 460 compares to a "hybrid" ported 460, so I can make some estimation on how it would compare to the XPW cylinder.

Just saw this thread over on FWH by DexterDay called "MS 460 vs Jred 2171". Likely the link here would be censored so just google it. Videos show the proof in the thread, quoted summary below...

A quad port cylinder is hard to beat with a dual port cylinder, but they are very close, likely the extra displacement on the Stihl is helping compensate for the better flow in the Jred.

It would be interesting to see how a ported 460 compares to a "hybrid" ported 460, so I can make some estimation on how it would compare to the XPW cylinder.

Those are pretty fast cut times. I would think the ported 460 may have the advantage in larger wood.

You do any mods to the 372 yet? I advanced the timing on my 044 #1 (the non ported one) and it woke it up a bit more.

Back