I’m in the wrong business...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I live, all the state and federal parks only allow firewood approved by the state. It’s about $6 for a bundle of about 6-8 small split pieces - maybe 30” of a 20” long. We’d go through 30 of those in a weekend if I didn’t smuggle in my own wood.

As @Jhenderson said about the certified kiln to kill any parasite, your mostly paying for the delivery and that kiln, the wood is free.

All you fellas need to do is put in a certified heat treatment facility and you too could be millionaires.

For firewood maybe, but for bbq wood kiln dried is a no no. I've had hundreds of people tell me my naturally dried wood is far better for smoking then any kiln dried wood they have used.

The box is as square as the front, so 1cf, the bags were probably 1/3 to a 1/4 cf... wayyy expensive.

Ya we have areas to where you have to by wood, no brought wood, this isn't one of em. We don't have really restrictive wood transportation restrictions, yet...

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads !!

Selling by the stick and not wholesaling but selling retail at State parks and other camping areas is where you can make the money.....you have to pay for the convenience factor .....just like the $8 beer at the ball park. As mentioned, many areas have a mile restriction on wood from 25 to 50 miles from where it is born to where it is burned or it must be heat treated......but even in the areas with no restrictions...campers tend to be "tree huggers" and frown on smuggling in wood.... so we sell all locally sourced hardwood and are working toward our first kiln as the Texas parks system is about to put those restrictions in writing and start enforcing......Texas is generally against laws....so if they are gonna do it...soon every state will do it. Selling cords of wood for $1200 is really fun.

Where I live, all the state and federal parks only allow firewood approved by the state. It’s about $6 for a bundle of about 6-8 small split pieces - maybe 30” of a 20” long. We’d go through 30 of those in a weekend if I didn’t smuggle in my own wood.

There are similar regs out here. I don't bother smuggling wood, I just smuggle my Stihl 009. It takes up much less room. It's amazing how fast you can cut up a couple of nights worth of wood. Thinking I'd like to have one of those 80v rechargeables.

There are similar regs out here. I don't bother smuggling wood, I just smuggle my Stihl 009. It takes up much less room. It's amazing how fast you can cut up a couple of nights worth of wood. Thinking I'd like to have one of those 80v rechargeables.
Lol yeah I’d never get away with that. Our parks swarm with DNR and if a saw was started, they’d come a running!

Back