IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally got pics of the cedar....we went to NC on vaca and we lost the recharger plug-in - I dug for it this morning, found it and charged it just enough to snap a few pics. THis is with 2 coats of Enviro-Tek (sp?) Lite pour-on coating.

THis is the first time I've done it and it turned out decent I'd say. It's nothing like aggiebutchers work though. Keep in mind this is the exact piece I milled, not sanded, not planed....just wiped off. It had a bit of a corkscrew to it (rookie miller :) ) so the coating ran down the edges a touch - it'll need sanded, but will definetly be a conversation piece/ nice bench when I'm done I think.

Looks Good to me!!!:clap: I have a cherry slab about that size, 6' long out in the barn that I had left when I milled some boards. Wasn't sure what to do with it. Making a bench sounds like a good idea. I take it that Enviro-tek is an epoxy finish? Great job! Josh:clap:

:cheers:
Gregg,

finally got pics of the cedar....we went to NC on vaca and we lost the recharger plug-in - I dug for it this morning, found it and charged it just enough to snap a few pics. THis is with 2 coats of Enviro-Tek (sp?) Lite pour-on coating.

THis is the first time I've done it and it turned out decent I'd say. It's nothing like aggiebutchers work though. Keep in mind this is the exact piece I milled, not sanded, not planed....just wiped off. It had a bit of a corkscrew to it (rookie miller :) ) so the coating ran down the edges a touch - it'll need sanded, but will definetly be a conversation piece/ nice bench when I'm done I think.

Looks Good to me!!!:clap: I have a cherry slab about that size, 6' long out in the barn that I had left when I milled some boards. Wasn't sure what to do with it. Making a bench sounds like a good idea. I take it that Enviro-tek is an epoxy finish? Great job! Josh:clap:

:cheers:
Gregg,

here's their website

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm

it says it's a polymer finish. You can see the polymer strands a bit - they show up opaque when it's wet, but should turn clear once it cures.

Sanding is for icy roads. (Wish we had some roads that needed it about now-this heat sucks)
I think it looks nice and it saves your first milling cuts. Anybody got a problem, take their beer away and tell them to stand instead of sit. If they still have a problem, its easier to kick their $ss out.
Now to find a bar long enough to mill with a Wild Thing. They got the power.

Sanding is for icy roads. ................

Well that is not true in Illinois. Here we salt the roads so your vehicles rust away and the road ditches are so full of salt in extreme case they cannot grow weeds.

Bill

Looks great. I just wish that we had some nice cedar tress that size around here to mill up. Got a nice Cherry so looks like I need to get my mill up and going and see what I can turn out. If you need more room in the garage I can take the old tractor off your hands! :laugh:

Levi and I will be posting all of the pictures and videos from the gtg, hopefully tomorrow. . .sorry for the delay
We have however 123 pictures and around 65 videos and will be uploading them to photobucket

I'm still waiting for the pics Sooner was taking right before the group picture!!!:D

Mike

Here you go...LOL...

attachment.php

attachment.php

For a moment there I thought that was me, but then I realized the jeans were blue and not black :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I wasn't there.....but I could see from my house that wasn't you Nik. :dizzy:

Back