IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 7901's L was too high and was flooding out when I tried to restart it. Thanks to Andy, that is now resolved. And, then, I was trying to get the XL2 started after many years of sitting on the shelf.

You know how that turned out. :(

Did you get the little XL2 fixed?...

If I have another GTG, I will have a workbench set up for people to use...

Not yet. I need to go get a pull cord. But, I'm putting in a second wood stove this fall so my priority now is designing the hearth pad/platform it is going to sit on and how I'm going to tile behind it.

So, it is probably going to sit as is for a bit.

Yeah, a band. And maybe some personal attendants to carry saws, bring us food, work on the saws that need stuff fixed, sharpen chains, take pictures, cut wood, fan us if we get warm.

Wait; everything up there is the fun part about going to a GTG. We had a little breeze, and it wasn't that warm. And I didn't stay long enough, but Mike played later. Maybe Mike can play guitar instead of run saws.

The 7901's L was too high and was flooding out when I tried to restart it. Thanks to Andy, that is now resolved. And, then, I was trying to get the XL2 started after many years of sitting on the shelf.

You know how that turned out. :(

The L was actually way way too rich, I had to turn it in 2+ turns. I thought I'd clarify this so you don't get confused.:) Is it still running/starting good?

That's a good idea actually.:givebeer: The next GTG I'm not going to bring so many saw, it was too much work and I didn't get the time to focus enough on any one saw. I honestly felt a bit like Brad messing with so many saws.:)

That's a good idea actually.:givebeer: The next GTG I'm not going to bring so many saw, it was too much work and I didn't get the time to focus enough on any one saw. I honestly felt a bit like Brad messing with so many saws.:)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing and maybe bringing completely different ones at that.

The L was actually way way too rich, I had to turn it in 2+ turns. I thought I'd clarify this so you don't get confused.:) Is it still running/starting good?

Unfortunately, I've got everything cut up so I haven't got to run it this week. Ed did run it after you had worked on it and it did start fine. Just got a lot of splitting and stacking to do.

Thanks again for your help.

Unfortunately, I've got everything cut up so I haven't got to run it this week. Ed did run it after you had worked on it and it did start fine. Just got a lot of splitting and stacking to do.

Thanks again for your help.

It started and ran great when I ran it. I think you got it set perfect now. :cheers:

The only reason I show up to GTG's is to run Mark's SP125.

I didn't make this one, but Mark's SP125 and I think it was 797? along with Grandpatractor's 7900 are the 3 coolest saws I ever got to wrap my grubby mitts around.

I HAVE to get my neighbor's 5-49 two man Mac up and going before Woodyman's GTG in Oct.

well I got the slab of Cedar Sean gave me top coated with Enviro-Tech pour on coating last night - looks pretty good. I'll get pics next week, I'm off tomorrow.....slacker I know.

Latest posts

Back