It's been a while but I think I might have a gloat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had the day off and thought I might stop by the local pawn shop on the way home. This is what I found:

IMGP6737.JPG

IMGP6739.JPG

IMGP6740.JPG

IMGP6741.JPG

IMGP6745.JPG

I checked compression at it was right at 200#'s. And cleaned her up a little. It was in veery good shape with little use.

Grand total ........... $119 plus tax

Last edited:
That beats the clean 066 that I snagged for $200 OTD. It goes to prove that you never know what you will come across in a pawn shop. They likely picked that one up for $40 and quickley tripled their investment.

Worth six times more than that. I never heard of a pawn shop that dumb in Illinois before. You just cashed in. If I got that lucky, I'd be wonderin' what kind of disaster was about to strike.

Yep the "suck-0-meter" just popped a spring here.
WOW:msp_w00t:
That is one NICE SAW!

every time i come back and look at this saw and the price i about puke:taped::taped:

This shop is real weird on their pricing. Crapsman's go for around $100, wildthings about the same. They will have 026's sometimes for 200-250, And I have seen 290's and 390's for 300-400. Last saw I bought there was a NEW Efco 156 that had to have the first tank of fuel in it. Got it for $100. The guy must have thought it was a POS....the chain was on backwards. :dizzy:

It's obvious it wasn't brought in by anyone who knew what they had!

I had the day off and thought I might stop by the local pawn shop on the way home. This is what I found:

IMGP6737.JPG

I checked compression at it was right at 200#'s. And cleaned her up a little. It was in veery good shape with little use.

Grand total ........... $119 plus tax

Does that include free shipping? If it does, I'll take it! :spam:

Nice find! They didn't have a clue as to what they had! I would understand if it didn't have the word STIHL on it. Maybe they thought it wasn't worth anything because it wasn't a MSXXX model.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the word stolen or hot yet! It's obvious it wasn't brought in by anyone who knew what they had!

Not sure about how these saws were designed, but I believe that the 046 and the 056 are very similar saws. Can anyone enlighten me on what each is and how they are related. I looked at the Acers site and there is very little information. I know that if it is anywhere near the 056 then you go one hell of a deal an therefore YOU SUCK. Seriously, great score, congrats. Also don't be a stranger. JR

As I posted up a ways, they are real weird on their pricing. Crapsman's go for around $100, wildthings about the same. They will have 026's sometimes for 200-250, And I have seen 290's and 390's for 300-400. I know one of the guys who works there (he a I have been known to tip a few down at the corner bistro). I asked him what the story was on it. He knew the guy that pawned it.

Wtf!!! That bad boy is clean. You have earned the title of " Suckiest person of the year". Congrats on the great find

Not sure about how these saws were designed, but I believe that the 046 and the 056 are very similar saws. Can anyone enlighten me on what each is and how they are related. I looked at the Acers site and there is very little information. I know that if it is anywhere near the 056 then you go one hell of a deal an therefore YOU SUCK. Seriously, great score, congrats. Also don't be a stranger. JR

Bill's Saw Shop - Stihl chain saw specifications

Heres the specs

Beautiful saw. I'm a Husky fan but I might even run this one if you gave it to me:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Seriously though really nice saw and great find!

Major suckitude!

Latest posts

Back