Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't think it was too practical. Gonna have to play find the air leak. Had the idle screw backed all the way out. Throttle butterfly was completely closed and it was still spinning the chain.

If you have the gizmo's test it with vacuum and pressure....probably a seal leak. And/or that rubber carb intake boot has a crack/leak.

Kevin

At the local shop I gathered enough parts to build a 630 but when it is on it's side it drizzles gas out of the tank vent. I thought it would be like a husky where you just need to put a new little white circle in the vent, but this has a screen on it. Anybody know how to fix this?

Guys in the know, how good is a 920? Are they torque piggies? What would they compare to? People say a 288xp?

Gimme answers :)

Guys in the know, how good is a 920? Are they torque piggies? What would they compare to? People say a 288xp?

Gimme answers :)

First of all, I can't resist, as an old local lady once said, "Gimme moved out and please and thank you moved in!". Sorry.

As for the 920. They are very good saws but parts are starting to get scarce. They have good torque but the 910 and 930 have more power. Compared to the 288, the 930 feels like it has a little more power and the 920 has a little less. "afleetcommand" on youtube aka weimedog, and spike60 have several videos discussing the cylinder differences for this family and how to turn the 920 into a fun saw.

You really don't see these for sale in Maine very often.......in fact....the only one I've ever seen....bought mine in NH...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-1...=item41f8fb7599:g:wScAAOSw~8JcSIB0:rk:22:pf:0

It's interesting that if you own one of these and sell it on eBay....you now have to do very little in the way of pics & descriptions. Didn't used to be that way.

Something is going on with the clutch cover/bar studs....that's a red flag for me at that price. Condition and completeness on these Holy Grail saws seems to be barely relevant.

Kevin

As this is the Jonsered thread can you tell me your thoughts on the 2041 turbo. Got offered one for £50 is it worth buying or not? Not owned a Jonsered before thought might be nice addition to collection.

As this is the Jonsered thread can you tell me your thoughts on the 2041 turbo. Got offered one for £50 is it worth buying or not? Not owned a Jonsered before thought might be nice addition to collection.

Welcome to the sticky......the 2041 is an entry level saw....light weight and a fair cutter. If it's in good shape and runs dependably 50 pounds is not out of line.

Hey guys I picked up a 510SP today. I sold my 455 a few years back and always regretted it. The Jonsereds dont pop up to often so I jumped on it. It starts right up and seems to run great but its seen a lot of use and needs some tlc. Is there a source of aftermarket parts? Ebay seems pretty high and chainsawr doesn't have everything I need.

Thanks guys.
Jason.

Hey guys I picked up a 510SP today. I sold my 455 a few years back and always regretted it. The Jonsereds dont pop up to often so I jumped on it. It starts right up and seems to run great but its seen a lot of use and needs some tlc. Is there a source of aftermarket parts? Ebay seems pretty high and chainsawr doesn't have everything I need.

Thanks guys.
Jason.

As far as I know there is no source for new parts.

No love for the 510sp here. I have one. It’s ok but the anti vibe is kinda soft and mushy. I guess they were like that new. Power is so so. Nothing to write home about. Some say these saws almost killed Jonsered when they came out. If you want one I can sell mine cheap. It ran good last time I ran it about two years ago. But has been sitting since with fuel in it.

That 510 will be my truck saw. Seems to be a solid runner but I haven't pit it in wood yet. For it to have damaged the company's reputation that bad it must have been an expensive saw at the time. I'll wait for payday and might get back to you about buying yours. PM me with a price if your serious. I have a 520 locally for $75 I'm eyeing.

Thanks. Jason.

Back