Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another big cc saw nice.

Not just any large cc chainsaw, the virtual Holy Grail of Jonsereds.

Hey Dean.....don't even risk running it if you think it has old crank seals....you loose a seal, the mixture gets lean and you roast an unobtainium piston/jug. I can't tell you how many people I know in the last two yrs that have done just that with rare/expensive big cc, older saws.

Kevin

Every saw for my collection I get I’m doing crank bearings, crank seals and piston n rings. Then it’s all good.

Look at the prices on the husky 2100’s there $600 not running.

You guys see the 111S pipesaw of
EJ McNamara list by Definitive Dave on the power equipment classifieds?

Its kinda like pro streeting a classic car either love it or...

Every saw for my collection I get I’m doing crank bearings, crank seals and piston n rings. Then it’s all good.

Look at the prices on the husky 2100’s there $600 not running.

I know, I have two 2100's since before the collectors went crazy for them. One is the saw I had when I quit loggin'....the other I found in a pawnshop here in town. I remember when you could find a really clean, low hr 2100 for $300 on eBay. Then when those ran out, they started to come down from Canada. Now they come from everywhere on eBay for $$$ and many look like they have been dropped down a well.

I do all that but the rollers and piston unless it's trashed.....if the rollers feel good with no roughness, they stay. No case gaskets for the 111S out there.....you have to cut your own.

Kevin

To me running a 6 cube saw (100cc) is like driving a big block Chevy you can cut as fast as you want, the torque and hp is there. There’s no replacement for displacement.

All of a sudden the 2100’ s that are beat to death are showing up.

They've been showing up beat to death for yrs.....I've been watching. Like I said, first the decent supply on eBay came from the States, then when those ran out, they came down from Canada. After those ran out, the crummy ones left reigned supreme.

I compare everything to the 2100 and for those that beetch about its weight, you could have never logged where I did without being laughed off the show. One ring flat top piston saws are not gonna give you the torque of domed top two ring piston saws.

In all fairness the timber today is so much smaller, the higher revving newer saws reign supreme...but I have muscle memory for the 2100 and can use it all day without tiring.

Kevin

The weight never bother me it was how fast can I cut.? I kicked everyone’s butt who wanted to cut with me.

My cousin has a 2101xp that they bought new and used very little. It hasn't been run in at least 20 and maybe close to 30 years. If or when he sells it, it's mine. It will complete my "Big Swedes" collection (111s, P100). I won't use it much as a lifetime of snowmobiling has rendered my back useless.

There was a 2101xp that hit eBay a number of yrs ago. Been stored "in a closet"...never had oil or fuel in it. It went for over $3,000.

There used to be saws like that, that somebody's dad bought just to clear a space and then the saw was put up somewhere ever since. I rarely see those anymore....low hr 2100/2101's.

Kevin

Not just any large cc chainsaw, the virtual Holy Grail of Jonsereds.

Hey Dean.....don't even risk running it if you think it has old crank seals....you loose a seal, the mixture gets lean and you roast an unobtainium piston/jug. I can't tell you how many people I know in the last two yrs that have done just that with rare/expensive big cc, older saws.

Kevin

Thanks Kev, I've been stocking up on parts for a total rebuild.:D

Thanks friends, and YES. . . . my buddy runs!!!!! I need a big bar for this mother hog. :chainsaw:

Nice!
It's funny, both my 111s and p100 came with 20" bars. They both have 36" .404 .063 now.
On a side note, a neighbor of mine wanted a 42" bar for his 460 Rancher so he could do some milling........

Nice!
It's funny, both my 111s and p100 came with 20" bars. They both have 36" .404 .063 now.
On a side note, a neighbor of mine wanted a 42" bar for his 460 Rancher so he could do some milling........

My 111S came with a 36" roller tip .404 filed for ripping....I reground it for crosscut and took it down to leeha's GTG and kicked hiz 111S azz by ovah 13 seconds in the same 32" oak log.......a 111S in good order is a powerful unit...no doubt!!

Gotta go down the street to a lady I know who has a P 100 with a 24" 3/8" one owner saw she wants to part with....hunnert bux.........will need the usual fuel line/seals and carb kit.......her late husband bought it new in NH....very very little use.....original bar...and maybe chain....he was not a wood cutter but always wanted the biggest/most powerful of everything.........****.......he had a surplus V12 Packard PT boat engine in cosemoline in his shed....just because...

My 111S came with a 36" roller tip .404 filed for ripping....I reground it for crosscut and took it down to leeha's GTG and kicked hiz 111S azz by ovah 13 seconds in the same 32" oak log.......a 111S in good order is a powerful unit...no doubt!!

Gotta go down the street to a lady I know who has a P 100 with a 24" 3/8" one owner saw she wants to part with....hunnert bux.........will need the usual fuel line/seals and carb kit.......her late husband bought it new in NH....very very little use.....original bar...and maybe chain....he was not a wood cutter but always wanted the biggest/most powerful of everything.........****.......he had a surplus V12 Packard PT boat engine in cosemoline in his shed....just because...

Well, you beat me. I paid $150 for my p100. Mine is an early one with the decompression. If it's a Super p100, you can paint it red and call it a 1020!

That Packard V12 might be worth more than a house to the right 'collector'.....lol!

Kevin

(Posting in the right thread this time)

Work neighbor asked me to take a look at this saw because it won’t run well. Gently used but dirty 630 with great compression. Sounds like some sort of fuel problem.

View attachment 749076
View attachment 749075 View attachment 749077

Clean 'er up....replace all the fuel/vent lines...new gas filter, go through the carb and kit it. Pull and smile......make sure you have good blue spark too though.

Kevin

I popped open that 630 and sure enough the fuel pickup was rolling around in the bottom of the fuel tank.

Does anyone know offhand what diameter fuel line this saw takes?

Back