Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is reference to the 110 in Tilton's literature. Whether or not they actually sold them, I couldn't tell you.

It was a fella that worked @Tilton in MN that said they didn't sell the 110 in the US and passed on the info about the crank bearings being needle bearings. Nothing is definite or absolute about info passed along on the Net, however. I've been disappointed before....lol.

Kevin

Thanks for posting that Kevin.....been a while....good to revisit.

You're mentioned in there about having more 49sp's than Bob!! And Walt made Bob bring out a 49sp and force it into the lineup.......

He also mentions a logger he knows(Josh, Todd.....can't really hear it?), in this and other vids who thinks the 930 was the best pro series J'reds ever made. As you know though, the 910 is the only 900 series saw that is purely Jonsereds.

Kevin

You're mentioned in there about having more 49sp's than Bob!! And Walt made Bob bring out a 49sp and force it into the lineup.......

He also mentions a logger he knows in this and other vids who thinks the 900 series was the best pro series J'reds ever made. As you know though, the 910 is the only 900 series saw that is purely Jonsereds.

Kevin

Yeah I remembered that!! I still have 49s than Bob too!! I don't have any actual numbers to back up this statement but I believe that the two best selling Jonsereds ever was the 49SP and 621......anytime you search ebay there are just so many more of these two models than any other, ranging anywhere from just parts saws to real nice runners.

Yep the 910 was the last of 'em and at the same time the start of the 8XX and 9XX series......and the only one of any of them with a decomp....kind of a hold over from the 90.....and actually, though they have different part numbers the 910 and 90 pistons are identical in every measurement I could come up with....the cyls are not though.

Yeah I remembered that!! I still have 49s than Bob too!! I don't have any actual numbers to back up this statement but I believe that the two best selling Jonsereds ever was the 49SP and 621......anytime you search ebay there are just so many more of these two models than any other, ranging anywhere from just parts saws to real nice runners.

Yep the 910 was the last of 'em and at the same time the start of the 8XX and 9XX series......and the only one of any of them with a decomp....kind of a hold over from the 90.....and actually, though they have different part numbers the 910 and 90 pistons are identical in every measurement I could come up with....the cyls are not though.

Yep, there were some carryovers with the 910 and older J'reds like the 90. That unobtainium full-wrap AV mount on the 80/90 is also on the 910 full-wrap........although besides that, the two full-wraps are wildly different.

The 621 has more pages on eBay usually devoted to it than just about any other older J'reds(with the exception of the 49sp).....that's gotta be a reflection of the number sold.

Eric is mentioned in Bob's video too......

Kevin

Yep, there were some carryovers with the 910 and older J'reds like the 90. That unobtainium full-wrap AV mount on the 80/90 is also on the 910 full-wrap........although besides that, the two full-wraps are wildly different.

The 621 has more pages on eBay usually devoted to it than just about any other older J'reds(with the exception of the 49sp).....that's gotta be a reflection of the number sold.

Kevin

Yes he is!
And not only the number sold but the number still usable that's a statement to their quality of build and their durability.....especially since you haven't been able to buy a part for either them from a dealer in over 20 years!!

I am just curious, does the 110 in question have just an "S" stamped on it or does one have "S 1" ? My 111s has "S 1". Just an "S" may be an easy way to identify a 110. Several of the saws of this era had revisions or variants of similar cases. The letter tells you the chassis, the number tells you the version. Some of the differences on the 49cc chassis are easy to spot, but I have yet to see the difference between an "N" and an "N 1" 621.
You may be on to something. The saw in question is stamped S...

It was a fella that worked @Tilton in MN that said they didn't sell the 110 in the US and passed on the info about the crank bearings being needle bearings. Nothing is definite or absolute about info passed along on the Net, however. I've been disappointed before....lol.

Kevin

That same info About the bearings was shared on Magnus’s site recently. I think the guy who posted is in Spain. He posted pics and an excerpt from an IPL or TM.

Kevin

About as close as I'll ever get to my 15 minutes of fame...................

:)

I was actually on national news once in the early 90's. All I could think to say/do in front of the cameras was waive and say. "Hi mom!". And she didn't even see it.............

Kevin

The NBC Today show did a story on my grandmother back in the 1980's. She became a doctor in 1958 after having four children and Ladies Home Journal did a story on her at that time. Finding a job was hard for her at the time and that is what led her to the little village of East Corinth Vermont. The NBC story was about her trying to find a replacement so she could retire. We had to watch the show at her house because we only got two channels at our place and 31 (NBC) wasn't one of them. (we only got Ch 3 out of Burlington and Ch 8 out of Maine). My dad borrowed a VCR from a co-worker and recorded it which I converted to DVD a few years back. Wow, Corinth is such a different place these days..............................

To bring this back onto topic, my grandfather (her husband) was of Scandinavian decent and taught me how to saw chainsaw in Finnish (something like motoren sawha) and the proper way to Jonsereds (yawn-sreds). My other grandfather taught me the wrong way to say it (jones-e-red). My two grandfathers were about as different as two people could be. One born in NYC and traveled the world, the other born on a hill farm in Topsham VT and probably only spent 5 nights away from the farm his whole life and died in the same house he was born in. I miss them both.

Holy Cow!!! I don't think I've ever seen so many vintage Jonsereds for sale at the same time from the same seller before!! Think I counted 28 different adds....mostly complete saws but some used parts lots as well. Are you selling out Eric???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSEREDS-...330989?hash=item3da3df626d:g:ck8AAOSwKHNeyxgT

Just thinning out a bit. I know my prices are a little high, but hey, the prices of everything else is going up too. My neighbor up the road just bought a new 3/4 ton pickup. I about pooped myself when we told me what it cost. I guess I haven't been paying much attention lately. My '94 is my "new" pickup.

The NBC Today show did a story on my grandmother back in the 1980's. She became a doctor in 1958 after having four children and Ladies Home Journal did a story on her at that time. Finding a job was hard for her at the time and that is what led her to the little village of East Corinth Vermont. The NBC story was about her trying to find a replacement so she could retire. We had to watch the show at her house because we only got two channels at our place and 31 (NBC) wasn't one of them. (we only got Ch 3 out of Burlington and Ch 8 out of Maine). My dad borrowed a VCR from a co-worker and recorded it which I converted to DVD a few years back. Wow, Corinth is such a different place these days..............................

To bring this back onto topic, my grandfather (her husband) was of Scandinavian decent and taught me how to saw chainsaw in Finnish (something like motoren sawha) and the proper way to Jonsereds (yawn-sreds). My other grandfather taught me the wrong way to say it (jones-e-red). My two grandfathers were about as different as two people could be. One born in NYC and traveled the world, the other born on a hill farm in Topsham VT and probably only spent 5 nights away from the farm his whole life and died in the same house he was born in. I miss them both.

Great story on your grandmother. "yawn-sreds"...not doubt that's the correct way, but I never hear that in the States.

I'm curious how Scott heard it pronounced around Europe in his travels over there looking for saws?

Kevin

Just thinning out a bit. I know my prices are a little high, but hey, the prices of everything else is going up too. My neighbor up the road just bought a new 3/4 ton pickup. I about pooped myself when we told me what it cost. I guess I haven't been paying much attention lately. My '94 is my "new" pickup.

Nice 621 if someone wants that model. The price of new, full-sized pickups are what houses used to cost.....to put that in perspective. People ask me why I don't buy a new work truck. My retort is to ask them if they will help make my payments......no takers yet.

Kevin

Great story on your grandmother. "yawn-sreds"...not doubt that's the correct way, but I never hear that in the States.

I'm curious how Scott heard it pronounced around Europe in his travels over there looking for saws?

Kevin

Yoon-se-reds is what I heard in Europe.

High perhaps for scrooge like me but by the time you pack and ship, pay ebay tax etc it goes away pretty quick.
Great story abut your grandparents!! I have a close friend like your grandfather.....he's 4 years my senior and the only time I ever have known him to overnight away from the land he was born on ...ever...and I've known him about 50 years, was the times he and his wife would go to Laconia for bike week. She was an Army Brat and moved with her family yearly and has absolutely no interest in seeing beyond the horizon again...ever. Billy doesn't live in the old farm house but within sight of it....sold it off with an acre years ago. But he lives on 500 acres that his father bought just after the war and logged one million feet of pine off of with a team of horses. Couple years ago he was in agony......Jane finally got him to go to the Drs.....had to have his gall bladder removed so the young PA was taking all his information down and asked "When was the last time you visited the Drs?" Bill thought for a minute or two and finally said "1958".....the poor girl was born like in '88...she actually dropped her pen he said!!!

High perhaps for scrooge like me but by the time you pack and ship, pay ebay tax etc it goes away pretty quick.
Great story abut your grandparents!! I have a close friend like your grandfather.....he's 4 years my senior and the only time I ever have known him to overnight away from the land he was born on ...ever...and I've known him about 50 years, was the times he and his wife would go to Laconia for bike week. She was an Army Brat and moved with her family yearly and has absolutely no interest in seeing beyond the horizon again...ever. Billy doesn't live in the old farm house but within sight of it....sold it off with an acre years ago. But he lives on 500 acres that his father bought just after the war and logged one million feet of pine off of with a team of horses. Couple years ago he was in agony......Jane finally got him to go to the Drs.....had to have his gall bladder removed so the young PA was taking all his information down and asked "When was the last time you visited the Drs?" Bill thought for a minute or two and finally said "1958".....the poor girl was born like in '88...she actually dropped her pen he said!!!

Tough ol' Yankee...some of you guys live forever...lol.

Kevin

Tough ol' Yankee...some of you guys live forever...lol.

Kevin
Oh geese!! Old Willey is a real piece of work!! He always wears his trademark Rayban Aviators....always does and always has.....Jane was telling me this...when he went under the knife for the gallbladder surgery.......they were about to knock him out and he hollers "Wait.....Jane where's my glasses?"...…sure enough they had to wait while Jane got him his Avaitors…he put them on and says "Awright I'm ready to go now"…LOL!!! I about peed muhself...…as it immediately brought one of his favorite sayings to mind......"Woudn't be half so funny if it wasn't true"

Back