Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can start here and/or skip to Post#60 which actually has a machinist drawing but without dimension. What he shows is exactly what I need made and I'm golden.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/granberg-chisel-bit-file-n-joint.62604/page-2

I can't find pics of the unit the machinist did.....I think Philbert linked me to that.

Kevin
I looked at the pics real quick but I’ll have to sit down after work and read the thread. I’m not familiar with that system of filing a chain. I’ve seen pictures of those setups but never used one. Guess it time to learn! Lol

I looked at the pics real quick but I’ll have to sit down after work and read the thread. I’m not familiar with that system of filing a chain. I’ve seen pictures of those setups but never used one. Guess it time to learn! Lol

If I had the money, I'd just pay a machinist to replicate the whole file part of the jig and be done with it...in steel. The bases are still available from Granberg.

They used to show up on eBay....but it's been yrs and they always went high. The Granberg model sticker on mine was actually pasted over their standard round file jig sticker. I believer it was G-107(A or B).

Before the Internet, I called Granberg long distance and asked about the square file jig. They had just sold their last one and nothing left in the warehouse.....that was in the late 80's.

The original instructions were printed on yellow paper. They made little sense until you used the machine for awhile....too much going on there for a novice, because you have to be aware of about four things going on simultaneously. I have the instructions, but have not been able to find them for yrs. I don't need them anymore, but be nice to have them still.

Most of the pics in the beginning of that thread were lost when AS got hacked.

Kevin

last call on flywheel/clutch pullers. These will work on the 70E and other saws with a 40mm flywheel pattern and 30mm clutch pattern.

I will have 5 available. Not looking to make money on these just pay for shipping. View attachment 837985
Got your parts boxed up today....will go out tomorrow!!!

Back