Let’s see those firewood stacks! Anyone heard of MeWe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out yesterday and cut the last load for the year. According to the grain elevator scale I had 5800lbs of Ash in the back of the truck. That gives me 10 IBC crates full of Oak and Ash for next year. Definitely not as much as some others in here, but I shouldn't burn through it all in one year.

View attachment 892742

Nice pile of wood. I got a bunch of flood killed ash and oak from Milford Lake, about 4 1/2 cords.

I got a bit from some crews taking down trees this weekend. They said the wood's for whoever wants to stop and grab it so . . . free wood! I got better rounds yesterday but I didn't want to get in the guys way today so I'll just grab more tomorrow. Unfortunately I got it home today only to find my Stihl won't start, my Husky is out of gas, I am all out of 2 stroke mix and every single one of my wedges have disappeared. So tomorrow I make a run into town and buy more wedges, 2 stroke mix and maybe a pulpwood hook or log tong. Maybe I'll finally buy one of them Fiskars mauls too. Is the Timber Tuff stuff worth buying or a waste of money?
ETA: Oh yeah, almost forgot I'm on MeWe. I put in an app to the chainsaw group, see you there.

Attachments

• 2021-03-06 14.25.50.jpg
    2021-03-06 14.25.50.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
I got a bit from some crews taking down trees this weekend. They said the wood's for whoever wants to stop and grab it so . . . free wood! I got better rounds yesterday but I didn't want to get in the guys way today so I'll just grab more tomorrow. Unfortunately I got it home today only to find my Stihl won't start, my Husky is out of gas, I am all out of 2 stroke mix and every single one of my wedges have disappeared. So tomorrow I make a run into town and buy more wedges, 2 stroke mix and maybe a pulpwood hook or log tong. Maybe I'll finally buy one of them Fiskars mauls too. Is the Timber Tuff stuff worth buying or a waste of money?
ETA: Oh yeah, almost forgot I'm on MeWe. I put in an app to the chainsaw group, see you there.
Get the fiskers you wont be disappointed. I had a wilton maul for years and just got the fiskers. Man I love that fiskers, and i really liked the wilton.

Nice setups guys, I'm really impressed. Very neat and functional. Im posting some readyrack shelving that I erected due to my small space when taking on firewood as one of my businesses. It held 10 bush cords. I only filled it once and sold it in bulk to a garden store before getting an outdoor lot across the street where I use IBC totes for seasoning.

Attachments

• IMG_20140907_143638.jpg
    IMG_20140907_143638.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Nice setups guys, I'm really impressed. Very neat and functional. Im posting some readyrack shelving that I erected due to my small space when taking on firewood as one of my businesses. It held 10 bush cords. I only filled it once and sold it in bulk to a garden store before getting an outdoor lot across the street where I use IBC totes for seasoning.

Thats large enough to be an effective windbreak, impressive

Thats large enough to be an effective windbreak, impressive
Thank you but unfortunately it was on the south side of my work area. My single storey business unit runs north-south on the far side of the shelf. I'm my new space, I can get a row of crates blocking the north winds but the west winds can come in through my access to the yard so no significant wind breaks. I don't like working in the wind, too much sawdust in the eyes and just unsettling even when not cutting

Thanks!

Was that on public land or private?
Public land inside the Milford State Park itself, paved roads all the way to the stump. The absolute easiest firewood scrounge I've ever been a part of. Park maintenance staff felled the trees, oak, ash, many up to 34" in diameter. There was a handful of hickory also, mostly 12"-14" in diameter. All I had to do was buck it up, quarter the larger pieces and load it up, helps I only live a little over a mile from the park entrance. The felling began late Oct. early Nov.

Public land inside the Milford State Park itself, paved roads all the way to the stump. The absolute easiest firewood scrounge I've ever been a part of. Park maintenance staff felled the trees, oak, ash, many up to 34" in diameter. There was a handful of hickory also, mostly 12"-14" in diameter. All I had to do was buck it up, quarter the larger pieces and load it up, helps I only live a little over a mile from the park entrance. The felling began late Oct. early Nov.

Nice! I never seem to find deals like that. Milford probably isn't that much further than I drive now to get wood.

This last Ash I got was 28" on the narrow side and 31" on the wide side and 30' to the first fork.

Nice! I never seem to find deals like that. Milford probably isn't that much further than I drive now to get wood.

This last Ash I got was 28" on the narrow side and 31" on the wide side and 30' to the first fork.
It was like locust on a bean field, its gone now, they have been burning tops and are about done with that, preparing for the upcoming camping season.

It was like locust on a bean field, its gone now, they have been burning tops and are about done with that, preparing for the upcoming camping season.

Do they announce that the wood will be available? I'm sure they don't let to many people know or else even more will show up.

Do they announce that the wood will be available? I'm sure they don't let to many people know or else even more will show up.
No they didn’t publicly, i knew a fella that worked there and he gave me a heads up. I did read awhile back that the Corp of Engineers was allowing some cutting at Kanopolis, more flood killed timber, don’t know the details though.

Latest posts

Back