Mastermind Meets The 576XP Auto Tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys I've had to set this build aside for a day or two. I've have a 2095 here for a couple of months......all the parts finally arrived so it's got my bench covered at the moment. Steven has been very patient and is a damn good customer.....

Well guys I've had to set this build aside for a day or two. I've have a 2095 here for a couple of months......all the parts finally arrived so it's got my bench covered at the moment. Steven has been very patient and is a damn good customer.....

That's very kind of you Randy, and I appreciate the thought... but I want to see how this 576 turns out.:rock:

Yeah but the old J'red is stinkin up muh shop. :(

Well I'll be happy to havew it back in mine then:msp_sneaky: Have to make some shelf room though, so I'll be bringing the 6401 with me accompanied by either the Husky288 or the Stihl FS250R trimmer for the works. Deal?

I finally got this saw done. I had a slew of stuff go on that slowed me up a day here and there but here we are.

Not much compression here. Of course it's far from sealed up but I doubt it will climb over 150psi.

We'll fix that though. :)

attachment.php

If you've never seen a strato Husky this is a strange sight.

attachment.php

It appears to use the magneto as a sensor for RPM...

attachment.php

Plenty of intake area. :)

attachment.php

Yep......it's a strato....

attachment.php

The "after" video....

[video=youtube;Dv50x3XXrUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv50x3XXrUs[/video]

The "before" video is still loading....

Before...

You couldn't really pull on it.....may have gotten better as it broke in.

[video=youtube;Z7llW45GqHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7llW45GqHU[/video]

Any thoughts or observations on the design or build quality of the saw?

Well I'm glad you asked. I figured everyone was asleep when I posted these last bits so I didn't go into detail like I normally do........

The saw is very well built. The casting quality of the parts is top shelf IMHO. I really like the simplistic design of the carb and linkage setup.

When running it stock I did feel that it was weak and the torque band was very peaky though. I realize that the saw was new and should come around after ten tanks or so.....but I never get to run a customers saw that long.

The saw responded to the mods very well and is easy to work on.

The inboard clutch is one thing I really like.......it's easier to swap the bar and chain on for me as I'm a diehard Stihl user and I'm accustomed to that style.

It may throw off the "sideways" balance though. What about it Niko???? :D

Back