mcculloch gas caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex36

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Are all mcculloch gas caps the same? Meaning can i buy one from another mac and it will work? mine leaks when i screw it on through the top hole.. Im still doing the 10-10. Or easier to try to fix?

Buy the new rubber valve that fits in the cap. The old ones disintegrate over time and turn to black goo. The part number is 53766A. They work in most of the Mac caps I have ever worked on but, not all. If your 10-10 caps are original, they should work if the rest of the parts are there. If you don't want to gamble, I would suggest you look for caps on eBay. Try Bob's Lawnmower Service @ (607) 638-9297, the valves are $6.00ea and are made of a more current compound that won't disintegrate as quickly with modern fuel. He might have complete caps also, not sure, he was running low about a year ago when I last purchased one.

I too have had my share of McCulloch cap problems. I will never again buy so called "new" or NOS caps. Even though there so called "new" there still old and the rubber in em is shot, at least that has been my experiance after 5 or 6 of them.

I now drill the old ones out and repair em with Homelite duckbills and a tire valve cap.

Modified Mark,

You need to post a couple photo's of your process, pretty slick I'd say having seen it first hand...and please tell me where you get the "Seal All".

And to Alex36, you need to be much more specific as McCulloch made a lot of saws over the years. Generally speaking from the same model/family the parts will interchange but a cap that works for the old big frame saws won't fit one of the 10 Series saws. The 600 Series are different again, as are the later/smaller models.

Mark

Last edited:
I have actually 2 mac 10-10's one cap is from a 1-10 that doesnt really leak, and the other leaks as soon as i put it on the saw. If its easier and better than i would do it modifiedmarks way. Just need picts and a tutorial.

Latest posts

Back