• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell McCulloch 's PM 650, Good Working Condition , PM 610's parts or repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not trying to get rid of this stuff for little to nothing. I have time and money in it all and it takes time and money to get it to you, so please no low ball offers. I aim to be reasonably priced to start and was aiming to put this stuff on craiglist but will put it out here first. If my prices interest you and you want pics let me know what you want to see, I hadn't time yet to take and handle pics lately but aim to soon.

700: I bought this in dirty condition without hearing it run. Cleaned it up, put a new air filter and chain on it, flushed tank, fresh mix and ran it in wood long enough to fine tune the carb and then a little after. 20" bar fair condition, sprocket in tip shows wear but works well and it cuts straight. Good drive sprocket. Looks decent overall in appearance. I've had it since July and it has started good in between use. $160 + shpng or Power head only $135 + shpng.

650: Between this 1 and 2 610's I used the best parts and made 2 good working saws as the parts donor didn't oil and I would of been short a couple or so good parts for 3. I had extra new ignition coils, so I fixed the no spark condition with a new 1 on this 650. I did some fuel tank changes between the 3 600 series saws and made sure they were clean with good or new lines and pick up filters. I run a little sea foam through this on its first outing and it run good. Used it a couple days ago, about 1 month later then the first outing and I thought it ran very good. Starts, runs, idles & oils fine. 20" bar fair condition, sprocket in tip shows wear but works well and it cuts straight. Good drive sprocket. Newish chain. Looks decent overall in appearance. $140 + shpng or PHO $115 + shpng.

610: Between this 610 and another 610 and the 650 I used the best parts and made 2 good working saws as the parts donor didn't oil and I would of been short a couple or so good parts for 3. I did some fuel tank changes between the 3 600 series saws and made sure they were clean with good or new lines and pick up filters. I run a little sea foam through this on its first outing and it run good. I don't remember how many times I run this 1, but at least twice and it hasn't disappointed me. I am 56 years of more then average wear and tear on muscles , bones and joints etc., this clumsy looking, heavy old thing of a 60cc saw to me handles nicely bucking up wood and cutting a few limbs. The geometry seems to fit me nicely on the macs. If you want to cut some fair sized wood and not spend lots of money on a tool you don't use frequently all year round or if your just getting started, a couple or 3 pick up loads of wood will pay for the price of this saw and it still has value after words unless its stolen or destroyed. Starts, runs, idles & oils fine. 20" bar fair condition, sprocket in tip shows wear but works well and it cuts straight. Good drive sprocket. Newish chain. Looks decent overall in appearance. $120 + shpng PHO $95 + shpng.

McCulloch Parts: Since getting these going I picked up another partial parts 600 series to go with the 1 runner that didn't oil & I took parts off ( air filter, tank, etc ) Haven't looked through the newly aquired parts closely, but I think most of the needs to make another is there except an air filter. If I can sell enough parts from this at reasonable prices I might break it up. I also have a couple boxes worth of NOS parts. fit a variety of models and there is a NOS coil or 2 for many of the pro mac electronic models like the late 610-650 series some 10-10's, 700's, 800's, 805, 605 & 8200, and some carbs, most I don't know what fit but if you give me a part # for your need I can check. Several recoil springs a few sprockets, mufflers, cylinder kit or 2 or 3 +this and that. Let me know what you need and a part # and I can look. I do have some 16" bars and chains to fit these McCullochs here also.

024: I have a decent looking 024 I got in good running condition using some spare and new parts including a new OEM fuel line. I put a new 16" .325 Stihl bar and Windsor chain on it, a good sprocket and it runs and works sweet. I cut a while with this on at least 2 occasions and had an accident when I tossed a long log on a trailer it bounced and caught the rear handle and a chunk broke out of it. I finished running most the fuel through it, the black cover over the trigger held it together even being cracked. Got it home and fit the chunk back in and JB welded the top, after it cured I plastic welded the bottom, adding small pieces of aluminum mesh in the grooves I made before filling it back with plastic. I then put a thin layer of JB weld over the plastic to add strength and smooth it and gave it another coat on top. Not real pretty, but not very ugly either and at least it looks and feels strong as it was to me . I will not guarantee it will not break there but I do not think it will unless it has a similar accident of course. I cut a tank of fuel through it since. It does have a minor chip broke off the air filter cover, will not affect function. $165 + shipping, would do $150 + shipping with an nice used Oregon 67 drive link .325 pitch .050 ga. that would probably work with 66 driver chains that have been stretched if you happen to have such. PHO $135 + shpng

S.D. 112 : I've had it a while and it works great. Good 3/8 20" bar and chain + sprocket. It has some splatter on it that could clean off with some effort but it isn't a beauty queen and it doesn't hurt its function . Has a minor crack in the clutch cover that I drilled a hole in the end of the crack years ago and the crack hasn't grown since. More then likely I think this saw will pay for itself in less then a day or 2 of cutting at the price of firewood. 135.00 + shpng.

Any chance of getting some pictures of the 700?
I started it today to refresh my memory. The rope could used replaced. Its a tad bit big in diameter and doesn't slide back in the starter immediately, just have to coax it a bit. Also I forgot the part throttle position doesn't work for starting so you have to hold the throttle trigger open a bit with your finger on cold starts. Starts good on idle warm, has lots of grunt power and good speed noodling through knotty white oak. Could easily handle a 24" bar, probably 28" IMO.

Attachments

• DSCN3446.JPG
    DSCN3446.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN3444.JPG
    DSCN3444.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN3447.JPG
    DSCN3447.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN3445.JPG
    DSCN3445.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN3448.JPG
    DSCN3448.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN3449.JPG
    DSCN3449.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN3453.JPG
    DSCN3453.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 87
650, did have a tiny crack I drilled a small hole in and buffed it up then JB welded it. Started at the rivet hole for the serial, can see in first pic, middle bottom to right, very minor.
Having trouble uploading pics, will try again later.

Attachments

• DSCN3454.JPG
    DSCN3454.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN3458.JPG
    DSCN3458.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3460.JPG
    DSCN3460.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 33
610 pics

Attachments

• DSCN3473.JPG
    DSCN3473.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN3474.JPG
    DSCN3474.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN3476.JPG
    DSCN3476.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN3478.JPG
    DSCN3478.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3479.JPG
    DSCN3479.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3486.JPG
    DSCN3486.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN3487.JPG
    DSCN3487.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 33
Member that spoke for it had to many rain days and now is thinking about holiday money so they said to go ahead and move it .
There is a good chain not pictured, pics were taken in the summer. I don't think I ran more then 1 tank of fuel through it since. Its been a solid good running worker and friendly starter. With proper care I expect its got a fair amount of life left.

Attachments

• DSCN2765.JPG
    DSCN2765.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2755.JPG
    DSCN2755.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN2761.JPG
    DSCN2761.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2717.JPG
    DSCN2717.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2720.JPG
    DSCN2720.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2722.JPG
    DSCN2722.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN2727.JPG
    DSCN2727.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2766.JPG
    DSCN2766.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN2719.JPG
    DSCN2719.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 34
Thanks, BW, the 024 was waiting for me this morning. I think it's nicer than I expected.

I'm going to look for a replacement tank handle, but I'm sure I can run it this way for years. As nice as it is though, I think it deserves to be prettied up a little.

I am looking forward to running it Friday or Saturday, planning on cutting a couple of cords. The wife expects me to get the Christmas decorations done one of those days, too.

Back