McCulloch Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diaphragms are different in the specific kart carburetors but the diaphragms are all the same for the saws.

Mark

That seems to be what I've found out, which is great for me.

In the mean time, I found out why the previous owner stopped running the saw. Not only was the tank about 1/4 full of sawdust, but the fuel filter was sitting on the bottom of the tank... Along with a different fuel filter. So, I decided to tear everything apart and repaint/regasket everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_230400278.jpg
    IMG_20200909_230400278.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200909_220246221.jpg
    IMG_20200909_220246221.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
The big uglys need work too.

Geared 895. Nice milling saw for being 55 years old. 103 cc.

jvql4SW.jpg

f1ZCxoR.jpg

With its little brother, 80 cc 1-61, also geared.

w85J3yw.jpg

And a 103 cc 795L. Direct drive.

H8gac4g.jpg

All three saws are used here on the farm.

Bars for the old Macs are easy to find on Ebay. I must have 20 of various sizes.

kinda a old thread but
If you NEED TO cut wood to heat your home, get a good lighter weight saw, Stihl, Echo, Husky, etc and get er dun.
I like them old Mac saws and own several but when I want to cut a lot of standing timber for firewood or otherwise and then trim the limbs, I want a lighter weight dependable saw.
I sometimes take one of my old Mac;s along just to kinda play with and give it some exercise or if I get a big log down and I just start up one of the old heavy Mac's and lay it on the big log and let er cut using it's own weight., can even relax and drink some refreshments while the old big mac is being used with one hand cutting through a big downed log using it's own weight.
Using one of them old big heavy mac's will usually make you get out of bed little slower the next morning.

Keep the McCulloch. Get a modern saw (my definition being 80's+) to use in addition to it. That Mac is a toy, the newer one will be a tool. Yes they both will cut wood. But when you HAVE to cut firewood to stay warm, you need a tool, not a toy.

I think you'll like the super 250 and you can always find a 10-10 for a reasonable price here or at yard sales, scap yards, ect...
Some guys really get that S250 to scream , I don't know if they change the third port some how or not but the videos I've seen, impressive .

Back