Moody

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

I'm not going anywhere guys. I made the mistake of not keeping addresses and getting phone numbers on a couple saws I did and the site went down making things complicated for me to iron out. I'd like to apologize for a couple of guys that I was slow to get saws to. I've had a string of rough luck and was financially sapped making it hard to scrounge to ship saws let alone pay bills.

I'm sorry for being too proud to admit or ask for help. My pride paired with frustration even caused me an abdominal tear and slowed me way down. Everyone that I have saws for you should all have tracking numbers by Tuesday. I've sold all but one of my saws to get everything shipped. I realize this all kills what little reputation I have but it's the truth and you all deserve the truth. I plan to continue to port saws but for the time being I'm going to limit myself to at max 2 a week as I'm working on getting back financially. Once again I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea about myself and tainting the waters for others.

Stick it through, bud. Good to see ya back on your feet. We all hit rough patches. If there's one thing I've learned from big Army, it's to lean on friends and not try to tackle issues alone. Stress of the human mind will break even the hardest soldier.

We're here for ya. Reach out.

I didn't grow up with a support group and I got in the bad habit of trying to handle my stress on my own. Not always the right way either. I'm going to do what's necessary to make sure things are right. I'm not here to post a sob story I'm just letting folks know what's going on and that I'm taking care of it. I'm not a bad person and I don't want to be seen that way. But if this situation gives people that impression I'm not afraid to work on proving my worth. I'll build the best saws I can and build on being a better person while doing so.

If it weren't for bad luck moody wouldn't have luck. But I do have to say that he takes it in stride. He is at my house every day working on saws. He definitely has not flaked out on anyone, when his phone crapped out on him he lost a few ppl's addresses. So he had saws done and no way to ship them. So don't think he disappeared or anything bad like that, he just hit a rough patch in the road like he stated already.

I ain't trying to bust your chops here, and you know that I've been supportive of what you are trying to do, but.........

You say you are strapped for cash. We've all been there.

What happens if you destroy a saw? Can you pay for it?

What if one get lost after you ship it? Will you be able to replace it?

I'm only bringing this up to help you think about these things. Last week I had to buy a 120.00 flywheel.....a month ago it was a 315.00 cylinder kit. Last year I had to replace a 394XP. I make mistakes, you will too.

Sooner or later you will zig when you should have zagged......hundreds of dollars can be destroyed in seconds.

Like I said, I ain't hatin on you or anything, just bringing up some food for thought.

I hear you Randy and I agree with what you're saying. I know this will happen and I would have to sell my last saw. I've got other things I've accumulated in parts that the saws I've been doing I have been fortunate to have spare cylinders and haven't ddestroyed anything yet. As I said I know I've done wwrong and I'm doing everything I can to get things back on track.

the monkey speaks truth. if you cant afford to replace a mans saw for any of a million reasons then don't work on it. you have to be able to stand behind your work. ive got an expensive one than im about to have to eat. if you do this stuff long enough one will grenade and when it does you need to be able to step up and make it right. if your not in a financial state to do so then you may want to hold off a bit on doing saws. I also have to say that there is no real excuse for non communication these days whether its the builder or the owner. always keep in touch with customers if there is a problem. most any customer will understand if something has went wrong as long as your making it right. but that's also a two way street a customer with a problem needs to work things out with you as a builder before going public with any defimation or moaning and groaning of wrong doings. keep your head down and work your way out of the low spot.

Hey Moody,
Welcome back. You know that these AS guys can be some of the roughest around the edges but are also the most caring and supportive people out there also. Thanks for coming on and clearing the air. That by itself isnt easy. Let us know what we can do to help. We are pullin for ya for things to get better.

Sorry you've hit a rough spot. This is my take on it though.... take it as you may...... it's not an attack.

Communication is key especially when you're "the new guy" on the scene and you're offering a service. When people are trusting someone in another state with a $1000 saw- they have the right to be kept informed and in contact. I work a commision based job that is very demanding and time consuming offering a service and I still "take" or "make" 50-70 calls or text a day when Im in the truck between jobs. If I didn't take the "communication" role of my job seriously it would cost me tens of thousands of dollars a year and my reputation/ opportunity for repeat business.

There's a sayin "It takes a lifetime to build a good name and only a second to destroy it". It applies to everyone and all walks of life. Especially to Men who have families- wives and children counting on them. Every move I make is carefully calculated with the financial welfare of my family at the forefront of all decisions. It's a mind-set that came to me with age. When I was younger I didn't get it even though I left home and bought my first house when I was 20. It finally clicked for me at the age of 26 when I met Kari and took on the role of becoming a "dad" to her 13 month old son. 5 years later and 2 more little girls and I've finally got my priorities right. Their needs and wants come before everything and anything.

Put your nose to the grindstone and figure it out. Remember that if you want to be a saw builder you have some "SERIOUS" competition on here with alot more experience. AS is a "honey-hole" of "avid chainsaw enthusiast". If you soil your own name/ reputation it will be damn near impossible to get it back without "giving" your work away to compete with builders like Mastermind, Snelling and Terry Landrum among others who have a strong following.

Last edited:
Sorry you've hit a rough spot. This is my take on it though.... take it as you may...... it's not an attack.

Communication is key especially when you're "the new guy" on the scene and you're offering a service. When people are trusting someone in another state with a $1000 saw- they have the right to be kept informed and in contact. I work a commision based job that is very demanding and time consuming offering a service and I still "take" or "make" 50-70 calls or text a day when Im in the truck between jobs. If I didn't take the "communication" role of my job seriously it would cost me tens of thousands of dollars a year and my reputation/ opportunity for repeat business.

There's a sayin "It takes a lifetime to build a good name and only a second to destroy it". It applies to everyone and all walks of life. Especially to Men who have families- wives and children counting on them. Every move I make is carefully calculated with the financial welfare of my family at the forefront of all decisions. It's a mind-set that came to me with age. When I was younger I didn't get it even though I left home and bought my first house when I was 20. It finally clicked for me at the age of 26 when I met Kari and took on the role of becoming a "dad" to her 13 month old son. 5 years later and 2 more little girls and I've finally got my priorities right. Their needs and wants come before everything and anything.

Put your nose to the grindstone and figure it out. Remember that if you want to be a saw builder you have some "SERIOUS" competition on here with alot more experience. AS is a "honey-hole" of "avid chainsaw enthusiast". If you soil your own name/ reputation it will be damn near impossible to get it back without "giving" your work away to compete with builders like Mastermind, Snelling and Terry Landrum among others who have a strong following.

X2. Well said. ...

1st off.. Welcome back.

With so many ways of communication, it's hard to say that you couldn't get back to someone in a reasonable time. Not saying that I know what you went through/or going through was easy. But these machines cost money..Hard earned money.

With so much business? You would think things would be good? And 2 saws a week? That's 104 saws a year. With a full time job? 104 saws is a lot of time and energy. Not to mention the $26,000 extra it would make you. But, the time needed is astronomical.

Glad to see you back. I took a hiatus myself. Sometimes it's needed. I have duties elsewhere on the net though.

Life is full of ups and downs. Take them in stride bro. And enjoy the ups and learn from the downs. Do you have kids yet?? Just wait. You think your broke now :)

X2. Well said. ...

1st off.. Welcome back.

With so many ways of communication, it's hard to say that you couldn't get back to someone in a reasonable time. Not saying that I know what you went through/or going through was easy. But these machines cost money..Hard earned money.

With so much business? You would think things would be good? And 2 saws a week? That's 104 saws a year. With a full time job? 104 saws is a lot of time and energy. Not to mention the $26,000 extra it would make you. But, the time needed is astronomical.

Glad to see you back. I took a hiatus myself. Sometimes it's needed. I have duties elsewhere on the net though.

Life is full of ups and downs. Take them in stride bro. And enjoy the ups and learn from the downs. Do you have kids yet?? Just wait. You think your broke now :)

Right on spot- Dex!

X2. Well said. ...

1st off.. Welcome back.

Trust me there are expenses so what you see as $250 isn't the real i number. I get your point I just think you have to consider cost of tooling it's not big money. I'm broke for a few reasons a car aaccident has cost me just north of $5000 and I'm still $500 short of ggetting my car back. I've got a daughter who will be 2 December 8th. So yes I know what you mean by broke.

Latest posts

Back