Morning visitors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, more of an all Day visitor, he has Small Cedar and D Fir trees about 30-40 feet from the feeders that he will perch on, then every 10-20 minutes he will come feed, then back to his perch. Definitely stays where he can watch and Defend “HIS “ feeders

Stihl amazes me how defensive such a small bird can get

60278C40-8C82-46FF-B7CE-24357F853D02.jpeg

A Male Anna’s Hummingbird, we haven’t named any yet, they can be very hard to differentiate from each other depending on the lighting, that Brilliant, Red Head can lose all that color if the lighting isn’t right

Doug :cheers:

I wish that I had my phone handy, but I was too mesmerized just watching the show to go get it, we had at least 4 Hummingbirds, on the kitchen window feeders a little bit ago, and it was like a scene out of a mass World War 2 Dog Fight, they buzzing and chasing each other, a couple even got into a hovering stand off right in front of the window, it was quite the show, they eventually called a Truce and both fed off the same feeder(Single "Flower" feed point) even, and the other feeder was only 6 inches away, it was quite the show.

BTW, what is the trick for posting videos in a thread? I have a 10 second video that shows how the lighting can change their coloration, but when I tried to upload it to a post, I got a file too large error code

I wish that I had my phone handy, but I was too mesmerized just watching the show to go get it, we had at least 4 Hummingbirds, on the kitchen window feeders a little bit ago, and it was like a scene out of a mass World War 2 Dog Fight, they buzzing and chasing each other, a couple even got into a hovering stand off right in front of the window, it was quite the show, they eventually called a Truce and both fed off the same feeder(Single "Flower" feed point) even, and the other feeder was only 6 inches away, it was quite the show.

BTW, what is the trick for posting videos in a thread? I have a 10 second video that shows how the lighting can change their coloration, but when I tried to upload it to a post, I got a file too large error code

Upload larger videos like that to YouTube then post the link here.

We are seeing more Hummingbirds that we don't recognize, so they must be migrating to their breeding grounds, Hummingbirds are some of the earliest migrators.
We're getting some breeds we haven't seen before, Anna's are our Regulars, and we have been seeing some Rufous as well as a bird or two that we aren't sure what they are.

A couple of our Little Girls, ain't so little, Junie has definitely lost her Bikini Figure, looks like she is ready to Pop, she may be laying SOON by the looks of her, with their incubation period being 14-19 days, and nestling period of 18-26 days, we should be seeing some Fledglings by the end of May, Anna's sometimes rear two broods of typically 2, we might be seeing several young birds this year.

Work has been hit and miss with this China Virus thing, the Last two weeks, I spent part of each week helping another account in Medford, OR, delivering Telecomm gear, this week was pretty bad at my Dedicated account, less than 40 hours :( and it isn't looking Good in the near future, but I got called to go to Wenatchee, WA for next week, and possibly the following week, for more Telecomm deliveries, so I won't get to watch our birds so much as I have lately, they sure can be Entertaining, but ya go where the work is

Hoping Everyone is staying Healthy and Happy

Back