Morning visitors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A doe and the baby walking through the front yard. She raised the baby right behind the house where it was safer from the coyotes, we still see them hanging around house now.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
The birds liked me this weekend. There are peanuts in this mix which are always the first to go followed by sunflower seeds then everything else.

Chickadees are very tame as my neighbor 1/4 mile away feeds them all year and the nuthatch was a bit more shy (photos taken without telephoto). The juncos don't let me get close at all. Some of these chickadees will hover by you and consider landing on you.
IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0259.JPG

The birds liked me this weekend. There are peanuts in this mix which are always the first to go followed by sunflower seeds then everything else.

Chickadees are very tame as my neighbor 1/4 mile away feeds them all year and the nuthatch was a bit more shy (photos taken without telephoto). The juncos don't let me get close at all. Some of these chickadees will hover by you and consider landing on you.
View attachment 609746 View attachment 609747 View attachment 609748
In a matter of days you can have chickadees eating out of your hand.They will line up to get sunflower seed.As soon as the one in your hand leaves the next in line lands ,leaves and so on.A momma chipmunk had a burrow in a small grove of trees in my side yard.I found the burrow and kept putting sunflower seed in it.Just poured a handful right in the hole.In less then a week this little critter would come to the edge of the trees and chirp at me for treats.If I missed her for a day I'd sit in a lawn chair and chirp for her.She'd come to the edge of the trees,look around,make sure the coast was clear and run over to me,climb up my leg and into my lap.First thing was give me a nip on a finger then rub each cheek on a finger,stuff face and charge back to her burrow.This went on for 3 summers before she died.

In a matter of days you can have chickadees eating out of your hand.They will line up to get sunflower seed.As soon as the one in your hand leaves the next in line lands ,leaves and so on.A momma chipmunk had a burrow in a small grove of trees in my side yard.I found the burrow and kept putting sunflower seed in it.Just poured a handful right in the hole.In less then a week this little critter would come to the edge of the trees and chirp at me for treats.If I missed her for a day I'd sit in a lawn chair and chirp for her.She'd come to the edge of the trees,look around,make sure the coast was clear and run over to me,climb up my leg and into my lap.First thing was give me a nip on a finger then rub each cheek on a finger,stuff face and charge back to her burrow.This went on for 3 summers before she died.
We have a chipmunk that will eat from your hand and even allow you to pet him. He's been tame for 4 summers so I fear he won't be around much longer.

NICE pic's steve.. you do have some snow hey ! were all brown and the wood is still dry and easy to find.
It's starting to settle now but on Saturday evening it was nearly knee deep in the woods. Tomorrow is going to be azz cold, about -3 overnight then warm up into the weekend.

I shared this pic once on the site, can't remember which thread. We got more snow after this.
IMG_0345.JPG

The first winter in the house we are in now we were visited by around half dozen Ptarmigan & the winter was a really harsh one that was 2004 not seen any since then until today when two turned up. I wonder if we are in for a bad winter this year

Morni folks.....we have been here for officially a year now n here is what we have seen n still here at our home....
0505180900.jpg
0502181906.jpg
2 different hens nesting close by....gobbler lookin for some action this past sunday....
0506180900.jpg
Have bird feeders out...un wanted guest last week.....the damage...
0503180514.jpg
Everyday visitors......
0408181948.jpg
Last september...
0903170840a.jpg
Last august......0831171901a.jpg
Various birds...blacked capped chicadees,tufted titmouse,gold finches,cardinals,blue jays,blue indigo buntings,bluebirds,robins,hummers....this year a few new ones....eastern towhee,rose breasted grosbeak....oh n 2 male cowbirds fightin over a female..
0505180758a.jpg.
Got a few pics of some bucks on my good camera.....post later...

I've been playing with my bird feeders too. Got all the little tweety birds, Bluebirds, Gold and Purple Finches, Nuthatches and Chickadee's, Cardinals and Bluejays. Last week had a Sharp Shinned Hawk land in the tree over my feeders. A couple days ago I saw my first Rose Breasted Grosbeak, then the next day we had 2. Now I'm trying to get a couple Orioles to come by. I feed the squirrels too, they crack me up falling off stuff.
XtO9jvb.jpg

Ag9dfFn.jpg

tP6h1Oo.jpg

0HJLAKC.jpg

Latest posts

Back