Ms 193t muffler part number?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flash

Flash

ArboristSite Member
I am trying to find out if the 193t muffler is the same part number as the 192t muffler. I have the ipl for the 192t but cannot find one for the 193t.

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
I'd have to assume that it is. Even us dealers with the latest software do not have a 193 IPL or shop manual. I don't have one in stock right now, but I sure recall them being virtually identical to the 192.

DND 9000

DND 9000

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The muffler of the ms 193t is not the same as the one on the ms 192t.

Muffler for MS 193T, MS 193 TC-E: 1137 140 0606
Muffler for MS 193 T-Z (USA, CDN, AUS Version): 1137 140 0607 (incl. Screen 1137 141 9001, Deflecting plate 1137 140 7401 and Self-tapping screw M4x9.6: 9039 475 0656)

@AKDoug: The MS 193 is not on the new Partsmart Software? If yes, Stihl didn`t do their job right.

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
The muffler of the ms 193t is not the same as the one on the ms 192t.

Muffler for MS 193T, MS 193 TC-E: 1137 140 0606
Muffler for MS 193 T-Z (USA, CDN, AUS Version): 1137 140 0607 (incl. Screen 1137 141 9001, Deflecting plate 1137 140 7401 and Self-tapping screw M4x9.6: 9039 475 0656)

@AKDoug: The MS 193 is not on the new Partsmart Software? If yes, Stihl didn`t do their job right.
It's there now. Wasn't there the other day. I guess I just go updated :D

Amp4027

Amp4027

ArboristSite Operative
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but down here in FL, the new MS193T I got last month has a

1137 140 0609 A
IMG_1039.JPG

installed on it stock from Stihl. I see threads where everyone is muffler modding theirs due to the hole being the size of the port cover screw, but really, this thing has been pretty well opened up from the factory - just enough baffle there to keep sound in yet let good airflow through. Not sure if its a (SouthEast) regional thing, or Stihl got so many returns about the chain bogging out when putting any pressure on it whatsoever during the cut. (still didn't help, thing is prissy. But possible rings have not set completely yet on 8 tankfuls of gas). The Port Deflector opening is still the same tiny size as seen in the other threads, however. Will probably dremel it out later on, still trying to get the carb tuning just right (seems to only burble when its super rich and goes thru a tank of gas like sipping a kids meal soda).

Just thought you guys should know.

ETA: pics & etc

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 43
Seedling345

Seedling345

ArboristSite Operative
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but down here in FL, the new MS193T I got last month has a

1137 140 0609 A
View attachment 531505

installed on it stock from Stihl. I see threads where everyone is muffler modding theirs due to the hole being the size of the port cover screw, but really, this thing has been pretty well opened up from the factory - just enough baffle there to keep sound in yet let good airflow through. Not sure if its a (SouthEast) regional thing, or Stihl got so many returns about the chain bogging out when putting any pressure on it whatsoever during the cut. (still didn't help, thing is prissy. But possible rings have not set completely yet on 8 tankfuls of gas). The Port Deflector opening is still the same tiny size as seen in the other threads, however. Will probably dremel it out later on, still trying to get the carb tuning just right (seems to only burble when its super rich and goes thru a tank of gas like sipping a kids meal soda).

Ooooo shiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stubnail67

stubnail67

Addicted to ArboristSite

1137 140 0609 A
View attachment 531505

SO how about an update? Im in Florida also St pete ... Has the saw got better with time/break in period..... What are your thoughts? If you had it to do over would you not buy it? Thanks Paul.....

stubnail67

stubnail67

Addicted to ArboristSite
SO how about an update? Im in Florida also St pete ... Has the saw got better with time/break in period..... What are your thoughts? If you had it to do over would you not buy it? Thanks Paul.....

Royal edger and mower is my go to stihl dealer where did you get yours with the open muffler?

Amp4027

Amp4027

ArboristSite Operative
SO how about an update?

Found a basically NOS MS200T circa 2000-2002 for $400 locally. My guess is the guy bought an abandoned storage unit - said he used it for <8 hours for felling a rental property. It is possible, but idk....The sprocket, chain (bjork'd with chipped underteeth and dull as a butterknife), airfilter and amount of sawdust inside said another story.... bar had heat-discoloration towards the tip too (said he forgot to refill the oil once and has the auto-oiler on meager). Had a 14" Rollomatic E 3/8"P .050 bar, and what looks like a PM2 chain(the one with the massive safety rakers. might that explains why there were so many popped-off chain gouges and the chaincatch being a corkscrew, I thought all older ms200t's came with .043 chains? He overtightened the dogpee out of the chain). But when I got the muffler off (has a non-cat muffler btw, completely different part# than in mediaCAT. And is also how I guessed the manuf date: stihl's timeline on their website lists cat mufflers on some models starting 2002, EPA compliance sticker on the machine says 2000. Even has that old aquarium-type air filter for the fuel-tank breather), the piston, rings and cyl looked basically new. Vacuum test held for the most part - held steady til I got around 20microns, then it the needle would make sporadic 1-2micron jumps back until ~11microns where it held steady for over a minute. Had a dry-rotted fuel line that I replaced (refitted with a MS260 Oregon-branded $7 fuel line, plug, and filter kit), disassembled it almost completely and cleaned it out really good, put a new 63RM50 chain on it, and the sucker eats wood faster than a beaver on crack.

As for the MS193T: I dunno if I can get this sucker to run right or not.... I am going to use it for its first real task (not making 10" trunk pieces into wood plates) of downing a ~30' pine in a few days, and will see if it can make it through. Through 2 gallons of gas now....I blasted out the muffler with carb-cleaner&degreaser, and wirebrushed the sparkplug to remove the sot. When I peered inside the exhaust port, the piston still has its banding and even the ring has it too, no scoring whatsoever. I did find where it would cut about right when I went help someone make firewood pieces out of freshly downed trees, but I just felt it was running too lean (exhaust was hot, but upon feeling the MS200T today, maybe that is normal and where it needs to be). It wouldn't hit the rev limiter at WOT, but when I was firewood'ing, it felt like I got the L screw set a bit fat, and to get it to chew wood properly, the H had to be set just a hair on the lean side. During the course of that day, I did think that it was a decent little saw. At the end of that day, however, after finding that sweet-spot on the carb needles - is when I noticed the needles were walking themselves according to the vibrations of the saw. But, if that is its correct tune and not gonna sh1t the bed in just a few jobs/tasks, then I would keep the saw around and recommend it if someone wanted to buy a New-in-Box Stihl. Just don't be mistaken, it is no MS200T, and don't let anyone else try to sell you a bridge (If someone wants to let me run their MS201TCM, then I'll give a comparison there too :D ). But the way I see it a used MS200T was only $50 more, and new saws only come with a 3month warranty..... (if I had known about Echo's 5 year consumer tophandle warranty before I got the ms193t, I'd be doing a very different comparison and write-up right now.)

What I did notice, above all else, is how steady and stable the MS200T is at idle when compared to my almost-new MS193T. I could set it on the ground and walk away for 10 minutes, and it'd still be in the same spot sitting just like I left it. As for the MS193T, that thing hops and kicks like a rabid opossum inside a burlap sack and has since the day I bought it. Even when the dealer had it on the bench and was tuning it, I couldn't stop thinking "something has got to be wrong, I don't recollect the ms192t's I used to use on the job doing that at all...." but chocked it up to 'dem EPA shenanigans' and went on my merry way. We shall see soon enough....

Captain Bruce
I am trying to find out if the 193t muffler is the same part number as the 192t muffler. I have the ipl for the 192t but cannot find one for the 193t.
Did you ever find out? The part numbers shown in the 192 IPL, show 0600, 0601, 0606, and 0609........and according to my local dealer, are in stock, and are not different in shape or size. Gasket to engine is same, spark screen same......seems by now someone would have the yes/no on this question?

DND 9000

DND 9000

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The last message from Flash was in July 2016. So I think he is no longer here.

No the mufflers on these 2 saws are not the same.
MS 192 T muffler: 1137 140 0601
MS 193 T (older version) muffler: 1137 140 0607
MS 193 T muffler from serial no. 506550976: 1137 140 0609

Captain Bruce
From another source, this guy is a Stihl tech.

"My info is hands on. The MS192T and the updated MS193T side by side. Gasket fits both models. Both saws have different impulse hose setups. Different carbs. And different cylinders. The older MS192T uses #1137 140 0601 muffler. If you try to install the muffler you bought on a MS192T using that models cylinder, the muffler screws won't line up. My ad stated that muffler for sale won't fit MS192T. Of course, if you are upgrading old model to the MS193T model cylinder & piston kit, then the muffler you bought will be just fine. Both saws are 37mm piston dia."

Latest posts