MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found two in stock at nearby dealers...$490 at one and $505 at the other, both with 16" b&c. I was really wanting a regular carb 261 but the 241 is tempting, especially knowing the end is near for this saw.

Depends if you are always bucking logs or limbing and some logs , what other saws you have?
I'm pretty well covered (193t, 550xp, 026, ms361, ms440, and 288xp) but this chainsaw thing has got me pretty good right now lol so the 241 or 261 would just be a nice addition.

I'm pretty well covered (193t, 550xp, 026, ms361, ms440, and 288xp) but this chainsaw thing has got me pretty good right now lol so the 241 or 261 would just be a nice addition.
Nah, you don't need a 42cc saw.
Get yourself a 201C.

Check the DOM date of manufacture on the handle.

"MS 241 C PRODUCTION YEAR AND WHEN THE CHANGE
These changes were first made on the MS 241 C-M around autumn/winter 2014 and later in 2015 on the MS 261 C-M. But the MS 241 C-M has no new chain sprocket cover like the MS 261 C-M and the changes between the 241 C-M and 261 C-M are different. (for example no new cylinder on the MS 241 C-M)"

@lone wolf: please make a correct quote, if you quote a other post from a forum member. This post can originally be find here from me
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...he-newer-ones-any-idears.301573/#post-6004094

No it`s not different. But this is the complete message that I posted in the past and that`s why it would be nice to indicate it as that, with a qoute and the name of the original poster and not only copying. Sorry I was a little bit pissed about that, no big deal.

No it`s not different. But this is the complete message that I posted in the past and that`s why it would be nice to indicate it as that, with a qoute and the name of the original poster and not only copying. Sorry I was a little bit pissed about that, no big deal.
Didn't even give it a thought! I aint real good with proper English and stuff I just pasted it!

OK can you tell me your impressions?

Its light, fuel consumption is great, it balances perfect with a 16” light bar, good antivibe and it’s smooth. It’s faster than my 421 but i don’t think it has as much torque. Its still new though so i guess time will tell.

Latest posts

Back