MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now put that 16" picco set up folks are running on the 261 T2 and weigh ;) bet closes the gap compared to a 20" 325

I'm not picky enough about the chain / bar to use something other than what came on it.

Except on my 461-R. It has the Stihl Light-Weight guide bar on it. The bar may be light-weight, but it's price was anything but. :rolleyes:

I really like my 261 cm a lot, I've never tried a 241 but this thread is making me want to try one now.

When I bought mine, I was shocked at just how easy it was to fire up, compared to other saws I have owned. Light weight & nimble too.

No regrets what-so-ever with mine.

Im not putting 261's down at all. A 241 I love for limbing and cutting small logs, the 261 shines in the bucking dept not limbing.

Agreed. I don't have a 241, but my 261 is not the limbing saw that my 026s are. And I equate the 241 size and power to a 026.

Maybe a bad comparison but just my two cents...

I just checked and we have five MS241 saws left between our nine locations. I’m pretty sure one of them is coming home with me. I had my heart set on a 261 arctic. After looking at the specs and reading the comments here I’m thinking the MS241 will be a better replacement for my MS210. I have to admit after getting my MS362C I love the M Tronic’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is where specs on a piece of paper are stupid. To many new customers looking at an entry level pro saw stand in the dealership & think sheez fa a little bit more $ I can have a lot more saw, & buy a 261. When really they'd be better off buying a 241 & complimenting it with a 362/461/661 for bigger wood. If ya sitting on the fence about buying one, just do it, this best in class saw will come highly desirable when there all sold.

This is where specs on a piece of paper are stupid. To many new customers looking at an entry level pro saw stand in the dealership & think sheez fa a little bit more $ I can have a lot more saw, & buy a 261. When really they'd be better off buying a 241 & complimenting it with a 362/461/661 for bigger wood. If ya sitting on the fence about buying one, just do it, this best in class saw will come highly desirable when there all sold.
I ordered mine yesterday now to go get it.

I just checked and we have five MS241 saws left between our nine locations. I’m pretty sure one of them is coming home with me. I had my heart set on a 261 arctic. After looking at the specs and reading the comments here I’m thinking the MS241 will be a better replacement for my MS210. I have to admit after getting my MS362C I love the M Tronic’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What stores are you at.
It's better than the 210 by a long shot. The ms201(2.41hp and 8.6lbs) has more power than a 210 (2hp and same weight as the ms250), the 241 is 3.1 hp and 9.9 lbs, and the ms250 is 10.1 lbs and 3hp.
A 261 arctic would be sweet though, but with the money saved you could make all your saws have heated handles lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 18
I kept my 346 as well. However, this saw does most of the work the 346 did before.
Not only did I keep mine, but I grabbed a couple more, looks like I need to get another 241 too.
346's for firewood duty, the mtronic/autotunes for work in the 50 and under classes. With all the little features like the captured bar nuts, return to run master switch, and the fuel economy your real average time per cut is really maximized. I say the difference in cut times when you add all those things into the equation is similar to the next class up saw with a little less weight, but thats only in smaller wood, wood over 10-12" can be a game changer. I like the handling/feel of the 346 much better, but the 241 is so much lighter with a 14" it gets a lot of use on wood under 10 and even larger if there's only a few more cuts to be made.

Back