ms270 adjust oil pump?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrocket

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
got a ms270 at work that seems to oil very little, are the oil pumps adjustable on these?
any help appreciated, thanks.

Ive had a 270 and 271,neither are adjustable.As long as the bar rails and the oil hole in the bar are clean,and your usin at least half a tank of oil to a tank of gas,its fine

Ive had a 270 and 271,neither are adjustable.As long as the bar rails and the oil hole in the bar are clean,and your usin at least half a tank of oil to a tank of gas,its fine

I was always told it should use approx one tank of oil to a tank of fuel, have I been told wrong?

The three 2012 model Stihl's I use fuel and oil run out about time; fuel does run out first thu :msp_thumbup:

I was always told it should use approx one tank of oil to a tank of fuel, have I been told wrong?

In a perfect world.But the oilers are restricted now .No oil at idle.So about half tank of oil to tank of gas is the norm.So its even more important now than ever to keep the oiler hole and bar rails clean.Run the chain just a hair looser than normal.The 270 is a good little saw,the 271 that took its place is a bit heavier,but still a good saw for the money.Dont know how long a bar you are running,but I ran a 16" on mine and it oiled fine,not excessive,but enough oil to keep the chain turnin.And I also took pride knowing I was saving the canadian frog thistle by not sprayin oil on it

Most homeowner and mid-grade saws are designed so that you always run out of gas before oil.

Latest posts

Back