MY FIRST SAW! WHAT WAS YOURS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monkey Ward electric with an 8 inch bar, very torquee! Circa 73.

Then Homelite Super 2's with dual triggers.

image.jpg

Didn't jump to 020's till the mid 80's!

MS200t's are the best!

I have to pay 1100 for a new one in the box!

jomoco

Wildthing. Took plenty of first-timer abuse but eventually self-euthanased (could be classed as a mercy killing). Then a MS310 a good bugger from USA bought and sent over for me. Still got it, ain't ever parting with it for sentimental reasons. First time I had run a saw that felt like it enjoyed the work and was keen for more.

Stihl 021 Grandpa bought two before I was born when he still used to burn wood they had long since been retired and wore out thrown in a shed. I pulled them out and made one good from the pair and ran it for a while heating my house after I married off. Got stole out the back of my truck and I replaced it with my 7900...

Plastic poulan 2000 from Sears (I grew up on poulans- sold it for what I paid). Then stihl ms290 (still and will always have it), ms361 (I saw the light, thank you AS), ms200, ms200t, ms362, ms441. These plus a ms260 pro is my 7 saw plan.

hey to everyone...its a second hand MS440 with 20 inch bar...

Wow, you're a youngin'. Back in my days there was no MS. All the pro series began with even numbers, like 048, 056, 026, 034, 036, etc. The 026, 034 and 036 came years after.

My first was a brand spankin' new Stihl 064 for around $900 after the bank's fees, interest, etc, back around 1984. Well technically it was a Homelite, then Jonsered 621, but was only a short time and got smart and made the huge investment for the Stihl. Never looked back. However, to this day I still have regrets of letting go of that 621. Bucked many a tree and it had sentimental value beyond it's market value. :(

StihlRockin'

Also new here. Been reading threads for a couple months now while looking at saws. Finally just bought a couple for my girlfriend and myself. Bought her an 034 Super with dual ports and myself a 361. Just slapped a 25" bar on the 361. Ran them both today for the first time and all is good. The 034 runs like a scalded dog- and loud.. Big bar on the 361, but that's what I'm used to and will see how it does. Will update after the first trip to the woods. Thanks for all the great info.. 20141103_173657.jpg 20141103_173644 (1).jpg 20141103_173559.jpg 20141104_134748.jpg 20141103_173657.jpg 20141103_173644 (1).jpg

Mine was a Mini-Mac back in 1988, I was eight years old, and someone had thrown it in the trash on junk day. I was walking down the street looking for good stuff, and found a yellow chainsaw case in a trash pile, it had a chainsaw inside. Took it home, and the gas tank was cracked. My stepdad and I took it apart sealed up the gas tank with a product called "Seal All", had the carburetor rebuilt, and brought it back to life. Never really used it, and traded it plus another Mini-Mac to a friend for a Mauser rifle in 2005.

My first saw was a 200t that l found. lt had some numbers melted into the bottom so l figure it was probably a council saw. lt was in the gutter on a road with no houses. l still have it and want to restore it as its in rough shape but runs hard. The first new saw l bought was a ms261....great saw made in Germany.

My first saw was a Husqvarna model 55 purchased new around 1995, worked great for many years never had any problems with it. Then one day I decided I needed more HP, boy has that thought been an expensive need over the years......

My first was a little Homelight from Eaton's Canada. it ran better after the muffler wore out.
Then came this 2101xp for the bigger stuff, followed by a 357 xp, 361, 372xp, ms200, 260xp, 440', and an 066. We have a Managed Forest up-island so they all see use.

Somewhere back 1981 I bought a 2 cube Red Craftsman 14 inch climbing saw, Pruned three weeping willows for it . Tree had never been pruned before, left a 12 foot pile of brush 20feet across Homeowner started to burn it in a small fire, was taking far to long so he lit the big pile Cooked all three trees Leaves Bark but being willows they did come back year latterimages.jpg Good little saw while it lasted. Saw an add for the 2014 of this same saw still at the same price or within two, three Dollars. I was climbing with a HomeliteXL12 so this was a good thing

Latest posts

Back