Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Need engine for 1220 Vermeer Chipper ... Ford LSG423I

Discussion in 'Large Equipment' started by trees1, Nov 8, 2017.

1. trees1

trees1 New Member

If anyone has an Ford Pinto engine laying around,basically the same engine. Lol.

My engine crashed and i took it to an local machine shop and got ripped off,kept it and, went out of business.
    I'm looking for an,LSG 423I engine, running or, not.

2. Eq Broker

Eq Broker GlobalEquip

I know the engine you're speaking of. Please realize that the mounting of the motor on the wood chipper might be different than the mounting in a car. You might want to try a salvage yard, but please check the motor mounts before purchasing. A lot of people think you can buy and engine and put it in. I had a customer buy a Perkins engine out of forklift thinking it would work in a wood chipper. It mounted completely different and now he's stuck with an engine he can't use.

Hope this helps!

Dave
    Global Equipment Exporters
    770-420-6400

3. trees1

trees1 New Member

Thanks for the info.
    i might have parts for your customer,i have 3 perkins 4 236 engines out of 1250 vermeer chippers.
    I actually have three complete chippers.

wilson

4. Eq Broker

Eq Broker GlobalEquip

I appreciate the offer on the Perkins engine but the horsepower is too low for an 17" chipper.

Thanks!

Dave
    Global Equipment Exporters
    770-420-6400