ArboristSite.com Sponsors

New automatic log splitter....go and have a cup of coffee.....

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by AKKAMAAN, Mar 11, 2011.

1. AKKAMAAN

AKKAMAAN ArboristSite Guru

not bad price for a commersial piece of equipment....starts at 22000$ plus taxes??
    woops Just realized that was a used one....probably a demo from a logging expo or fair.....

Mascus in New Hampshire

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Addicted to ArboristSite

Assuming you paid the $27,000, and you sold the wood @ $200 a cord, you'd need to sell 135 cords to pay for it. But add in fuel, delivery costs, stumpage, etc., and you're looking at 200 cords or so.

A loan for 60 months would = out to around 3 cords a month @ $200 each with all costs and incidentals figured in. After that 3, it's gravy.

3. woodman6666

woodman6666 ArboristSite Guru

4. Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor Edwin

Nice Work!

... and doing a good job at that. I found a price estimate of $12,000 for the Bobcat attachment. Not sure if that was new or used, but that to me seems reasonable. Made near Duluth, MN.

Operating alone, it takes me 3 hours to cut a full cord of rounds to length and split them to firewood logs with traditional equipment. That's 24 man-hours to yield the 8 cords that the Bobcat with its attachment can do in only one man-hour, assuming it starts with enough 10' to 12' logs of good diameter.

I imagine the Bobcat would also require less fuel.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  5. woodman6666

I know this thread is old but has anyone had any luck with getting any more info on this sami autochopper I have tried email with no luck, phone with no luck I would think they would have a dealer in the USA but I couldnt buy one if I wanted to at this rate. Old Timer have you found anything?

6. woodman6666

Anyone know anything about these machines or where to get a hold of a dealer? Bueller?

7. BillNole

BillNole ArboristSite Operative

We like having a fire, so that's all we need right there. As for the cost of heating with firewood vs NG, I've yet to find a way to gather NG without paying for it. If I was buying my firewood and not putting any sweat into it, that might be different, but we'd still have fires just for the pleasure of it.

8. Pcoz88

Pcoz88 ArboristSite Guru