New Echo CS-620

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at Echo's website I don't see any HP/KW figures. I think they don't have much real world application anyway. Machinery manufacturers have historically inflated or deflated power numbers anyway depending on the need. Also, these numbers are based on a new machine with their particular fuel, running in their particular atmosphere, doin their particular task at the time of testing. They don't account for end user variables nor do they predict how well the machine will work 10 or 20 years down the road. They also certainly don't take into consideration end user repairs and modifications.

Looking at Echo's website I don't see any HP/KW figures. I think they don't have much real world application anyway. Machinery manufacturers have historically inflated or deflated power numbers anyway depending on the need. Also, these numbers are based on a new machine with their particular fuel, running in their particular atmosphere, doin their particular task at the time of testing. They don't account for end user variables nor do they predict how well the machine will work 10 or 20 years down the road. They also certainly don't take into consideration end user repairs and modifications.

True... That's best left up to us hacks... :rock:

man a new 600 or 800 ECHO would fill out my 12 saw plan pretty good :greenchainsaw: I only use 3 of them now :msp_rolleyes:

High weight for a modern 60cc saw (13.7 lbs), and no power specs, as usual.

The UK Power spec for the 610 is 3.0 kW, which is 4.1 hp - again very unimpressive for a modern 60cc saw.

Those specs are very close to the 162se, that came out in 1976...... :msp_rolleyes:

:msp_lol: :agree2: :msp_lol:

I have a lot of respect for Niko, but his Echo bashing--based on no direct personal experience--does get old.

When did posting specs become bashing - just because someone doesn't like them? :givebeer:

I'd just be interested in getting a few of the upgraded parts ( full wrap, second spike, and mag sprocket cover) to upgrade my 600p. Although, I'm sure they're damn proud of them and priced accordingly.

I'd just be interested in getting a few of the upgraded parts ( full wrap, second spike, and mag sprocket cover) to upgrade my 600p. Although, I'm sure they're damn proud of them and priced accordingly.

Same here, but I would need the p/c as well as I toasted mine,(expensive education on limiter caps...) and no aftermarket anything for them, nor have I been able to get any of the kit guys to consider getting a run of them made. Well, to be fair I only asked baileys and watsonr so far, but no interest from them.

Same here, but I would need the p/c as well as I toasted mine,(expensive education on limiter caps...) and no aftermarket anything for them, nor have I been able to get any of the kit guys to consider getting a run of them made. Well, to be fair I only asked baileys and watsonr so far, but no interest from them.

How much for a jug from Echo?

How much for a jug from Echo?

As much as buying a good used running nice saw. I don't know on this new 620 model, but for my first generation 600p it was well over 200 bucks, like 250 most places for p/c. There aren't any aftermarket like 90 dollar kits out there that I ever found, for any echo saws.

As much as buying a good used running nice saw. I don't know on this new 620 model, but for my first generation 600p it was well over 200 bucks, like 250 most places for p/c. There aren't any aftermarket like 90 dollar kits out there that I ever found, for any echo saws.

Just clean the cylinder up a little, and buy a "Like sized" $39 piston off watsonr... You'd be surprised what condition you can get away with on a jug. Especially when you throw a fresh piston and rings in there... These 2 strokes just ain't that fragile...

Just clean the cylinder up a little, and buy a "Like sized" $39 piston off watsonr... You'd be surprised what condition you can get away with on a jug. Especially when you throw a fresh piston and rings in there... These 2 strokes just ain't that fragile...

There are chunks of plating missing. When I was cleaning the aluminum transfer off I found it, bubbled like crazy. Deep holes, above the exhaust port.

I have more saws, and actually still have one pristine 600p NIB, but sorta hanging onto that one, either emergency money if I need to sell something, or emergency backup one saw plan,if I need to sell off all my other saws at once, one or the other. Got both for a deal at the same time, guy was gonna go in the firewood biz, but then got a job offer out to texas and was selling off everything he had to move there, yardsale was nice, house for sale, appliances, furniture, goldwing, you name it, everything was going except his truck and clothes and mechanic tools. Got the saws, but missed a bucket of chains for cheap, guy ahead of me got those, but the seller held onto the saws until I got there as I said I would take both if he discounted them, which he did.

For now, Husky 365 and various countervibe poulans and a coupla home renter class clamshell stihls are doing my midrange size saw work right now.

I am sorta glad I waited on popping for the jug and slug now, as I would rather wait some more and do a full 620 upgrade, which I think should be possible. Kyle might chime in and say yea or nay on that.

I really keep hoping that the rumored replacement to the 8000 will appear... But I'm guessing the 620 might be the new "big" saw I heard about earlier this year..

So my question now is, if I own a first gen 600, is the new 600 or 620 basically about what I could expect if I ported mine?

And when they talk about the power increase, is that an increase over the original or the second gen 600?

I really keep hoping that the rumored replacement to the 8000 will appear... But I'm guessing the 620 might be the new "big" saw I heard about earlier this year..

A cs750p would be great. Or a cs700 and a cs800 combo

Back