New member to the family

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VINIFIREWOOD

I only no what I know
Reaction score
e3a4eteh.jpg

I've been watching the 60cc saws pretty close for the last year or so. Lots of opinions out there but it's kinda like vehicles, that argument will never be solved either. In the end I didn't think orange would go too good with red. Plus I've got a good dealer.
I'll be making the first cuts with it tomorrow. And if I get some time I'll report back

Congrats Nice I've never seen one around here I hear they are great german made saws they look like a makita

Got a 6100 in late April. From the first cuts, even adjusted quite rich, it was impressive. Lots of power on the top end, and very broad, flat torque curve. Almost impossible to bog it, except jamming it into black locust with full 20" bar engaged, noodling. It's more than sufficient for anything I need for serious firewooding. Clutch cover design is excellent for clearing chips while noodling- really nice touch.

It's so powerful, I got a 24" bar for it. Eventually it might have a 28" handy, skip-tooth of course. Yes, avail in K095 mount. Might have to try an 8-tooth rim sprocket soon. Easy to swap from OEM 7-tooth. That might be more practical than 28".

Once I leaned it a bit on the top end, it's fuel endurance is amazing, with 27 fl. oz. tank. Still a bit rich. No rush, just don't want to build up any deposits, and start fires.

Awaiting your eval.

I forgot. After a couple of tankfuls, I hooked up a known-good compression gauge. 215 psi. One of its "speed secrets".

Im an independent forestry contractor, between Stihl, Husqvarna, and Dolmar I have owned and used 27 pro grade saws in the last 20 years. My 6100 is my favorite of the bunch. A great combination of power, torque, weight, and balance.

On a more serious note.
If any of you own a diesel pickup you'll understand what I'm about to say.
This thing has torque, torque and more torque. The harder you push it the more it says "bring it on".
After some run time, about a gallon of mix worth, and a little fine tuning of the carb, I'm very impressed with this saw.
The easy start system is something to get used to but never had a saw start this well and this easy. It has a primer but thought I'd try it this morning without and 2 pulls it was running. Awesome!
Hot starts usually one pull, two at most. This one is set up with a 20" 3/8 b/c. Plenty of power to pull it in dead dry white oak and dead dry elm bar buried.

Only things I see that could change are for one, an outer spike/dawg. The one that is on it seems to be more functional in design than the 7900 style dawgs but I'm used to having an outer and a saw seems like it's missing something without it.
Second thing is the clutch cover, although the over all design seems good, very open to clear chips or when "noodling", but it's kinda flimsy.
Other than that I wouldn't change a thing, so far. Time will tell the whole story.

I hear you on that torque thing. My new 1/2 ton has the big V8 and has lots of pep, had to let it learn my driving style as it'd chirp the tires at every green light, but it had nothing on my diesel. Your making me jealous, maybe if my 353 gets retired (might be very soon) I'll need a 6100 to replace, I was thinking husky 550 or 562 but 6100 with a review like yours has me thinking

On a more serious note.
If any of you own a diesel pickup you'll understand what I'm about to say.
This thing has torque, torque and more torque. The harder you push it the more it says "bring it on".
After some run time, about a gallon of mix worth, and a little fine tuning of the carb, I'm very impressed with this saw.
The easy start system is something to get used to but never had a saw start this well and this easy. It has a primer but thought I'd try it this morning without and 2 pulls it was running. Awesome!
Hot starts usually one pull, two at most. This one is set up with a 20" 3/8 b/c. Plenty of power to pull it in dead dry white oak and dead dry elm bar buried.

Thus my comment about the flat torque curve. It just doesn't fade away as the revs drop. It's all about the curve.

I've noticed with some other 60 cc saws, that they tend to stumble on hitting black locust knots. Not this one. Pays no mind.

"But this saw is not impressive on paper! It cant compete with a 562xp based on the specs! It doesnt matter what people who actually have one say!" Seems to be the only negatives Ive heard lol. Its just a shame some would overlook such a great saw because its not a Stihl or Husky

Seriously though, I can only repeat the comments of the others. Couldn't be happier with the 6100.

Back