New "twist" on Stickler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never seen one. do they work well? seems like you would get hurt easy....maybe not

Besides the obvious safety issues I bet that does wonders for the spider gears in your rearend. :deadhorse:

Unplesant thoughts

My Dad was a power equipment dealer. A customer came in once and gave a graphic description of one of these screwing into his leg.

Bob

Besides personal injury, I wonder how many vehicles have jumped off the rollers and driven away? I think it could happen if the wood didn't split and bound up. Bad idea. The company probably went bankrupt from lawsuits.

Splitting screws

Here in Sweden they were real popular, they had there own electrical engine but they were/are real dangerous, a friends father had a peace of his skull crushed when a large piece of wood wouldn't split and got twisted around, he got airborne for 3-4 meters looked rather funny and then the ambulance came ,,,,,he was hospitalized for a couple of weeks ,,,

MY TIP STAY AWAY FROM THEM ,,

/Kristoffer

Buddy of mine wants to mount one on a hydraulic post hole auger on the front of his Bobcat, just for busting up the big stuff. Might be all right, obviously a lot safer being a little farther a way. This old bobcat isn't fast in the hydraulic department either!

Back