Tyler I have found it best to NOT shower in the morning before work if there is any chance of contact with poison oak. A pre-exposure towelette or lotion also can help. The directions are simple, "it rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the oak again". Don't delay washing up after work. Use Tecnu "dry" that is don't wash it off with water. Use a disposable towel and wipe the Tecnu off the first time. Second application, then rinse with COOL water. Everything you have touched will be contaminated the urushiol the oil in poison oak. At the very least hose off any hand tools when you get back to quarters. Do not wash yourself with bleach of vinegar or use hot water. A shower with Tecnu or Drip's Paradise Road soap using COOL water for several days. Use an antihistamine like Benadryl and an NSAID like Ibuprofen as soon as you can. (Benadryl puts me out like a trout but it really helps). (Most fallers and cutters I know carry Benadryl and Ibuprofen in case they tangle with yellow jackets anyway).