Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I run nitromethane powered saws on boost mainly, but what is the best 2 stroke oil and ratio for a stock engine?

The cheapest JASO-FD oil you can find locally is the best premix oil. ;)

I have a single can of 50:1 (2%) premix but if all I have available is engine oil I'll just double that ratio (25:1) and hide behind the smoke. I've never had any fuel-related issue and all I run is ordinary pump gas (now with not so free ethanol inside! :D). But I go through so much fuel it really hasn't got the time to go stale... if I were to run ultra-exotic oils and fuels like many people here I'd be bankrupt in under a year. ;)

Any of the FC/FD rated oil at 32/ 40/1 running std fuel mix in a stock saw others will go for 50/1 & the difference in views will be everlasting I base my advice on 38 years servicing saws for a money earning logging company with no oil related problems

Lots of the klotz racing oil will blend with nitro. I’d check them out. They make very good oils. Also they aren’t super expensive. Not cheap but doable

I guess what I’m saying is you can find a klotz that blends with your nitro and use it in stock saws also. I’m using husqvarna low smoke it was on a big sale a while back. It works well holds a tune better than some of the other bike oils I’ve used Pretty much anything air cooled will be good for a stock chainsaw

I read post 1 as the question is after the comma and the first part really does not relate to the question.

High horsepower alternate fuels use much less air per liquid, one can not just run stock saws on them can you? would at a minimum need a different carburetor?

Back