Oil mix questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't watch youtube review videos like that, but I have never had any fuel induced problems when using ethanol free fuel and good oil. I currently use Red Armor, but I have used other good oils and never had any trouble either. I have used gas that was several months old with no issue, although most of the time I will run it through the tractor or lawnmower and mix some fresh stuff up.
This.

Chickanic is a joke. She didn't retune between fuels, the "testing" she did was absolutely worthless. When I left a comment stating that, she deleted the comment, multiple times. I'm suspecting she wants folks to use pump fuel and generate more business for her.

Almost all saw owners should be using premix fuel. The folks on this site don't count, y'all make up less than 1% of saw owners. Most saw owners have a Wild Thing that they pull out of the case twice a year to trim a limb that came down in a storm. On a heavy use year, they might go through an entire tank of fuel cutting up some firewood for a camp fire. They burn less than a quart of fuel a year, and if they're going to have a gas saw at all, then premix is PERFECT for them.
Interestingly, I had the same thing happen to me, I left a comment on her site and it got deleted, re commented and it got deleted again... She has nice legs but no face to amount to much and far as expertise, not much. I suspect her hubby does the grunt work. I get kick out of her intro where she's fiddling with a fuel line with bent needle nose pliers... For me, pure entertainment and little else and I don't subscribe to her channel either. No point in her getting any revenue from YT on my account.

Like I stated earlier on, I use canned fuel simply because my saws get occasional and the canned fuel eliminates any issues for me that might arise from corn gas gumming up stuff.

She makes her living fixing small engines. I think she knows what she is talking about. She did not denigrate all pre-mixed fuels. She specifically called out TryeFuel.
Interestingly, I have and do use both Red Armor and Tru-Fuel and I've never had any issue with Tru-Fuel ever. Maybe she got a bad jug of it or something. I did watch that video and left a comment (which was the one that got deleted from her site). My issue with any of those YT sites is, you leave a comment and if it don't align 100% with the creators views, it gets deleted which is simply why I watch them 100% for entertainment and nothing else.

I will say, at least in my observance and real world use, the canned fuel (any of them I presume but more specifically Tru-Fuel and Red Armor, emit little combustion smoke and certainly don't produce the stink that e-gas and bottle oil does. Least not with my smeller....lol

Interestingly, I have and do use both Red Armor and Tru-Fuel and I've never had any issue with Tru-Fuel ever. Maybe she got a bad jug of it or something. I did watch that video and left a comment (which was the one that got deleted from her site). My issue with any of those YT sites is, you leave a comment and if it don't align 100% with the creators views, it gets deleted which is simply why I watch them 100% for entertainment and nothing else.

I will say, at least in my observance and real world use, the canned fuel (any of them I presume but more specifically Tru-Fuel and Red Armor, emit little combustion smoke and certainly don't produce the stink that e-gas and bottle oil does. Least not with my smeller....lol
In my experience you are right about the True fuel I don't use Red Armour, and I will add that I tried Aviation gas a couple of times, it burns the hell out of my eyes, so I will not use it, not to mention the lead in it.

This lady in question doesn't have a clue what she's talking about in regards to True Fuel.
Like said, she does have a nice set of pins however and she likes to show them off as well. Not a bad set of 'sisters' either. Face leaves a lot to be desired however but at my age, I'm not particular anyway. A little 'cheesecake' never hurts. I know one thing and that is. I'd never let her touch any of my equipment but I have to presume she makes a pretty good wad from her YT vids.

There are some 'very interesting' YT creators on there. I do get a kick out of Taryl and a few others. 100% entertainment for me at least.

One Stihl oil is junk. But other then that I run everything new and old on 32:1 and tune it to my mix. I have a lot of 2 stroke equipment myself most older so for me it makes sense to keep 1 mix around.

A guy on youtube richard flagg has been testing a lot of different oils.
He finally tested the same lucas semi syn low ash I've been running.
It's pretty good and dirt cheap, just like I knew it was.

I think that Lucas is serviceable too. I am glad I'm done with it though, because I find the fumes very hard to bear. I'm back on some amsoil interceptor for now. It doesn't smell as bad (to me). I also bought some farm store branded semi synthetic which was pretty cheap. I'm going to mix them, because the interceptor doesn't have any colour in it.

Crazy!🤪

A guy on youtube richard flagg has been testing a lot of different oils.
He finally tested the same lucas semi syn low ash I've been running.
It's pretty good and dirt cheap, just like I knew it was.
It seems to burn relatively clean but it leaves internal parts relatively dry.

I think you’ll be surprised at how rich it needs mixed in order to leave any residual in the crankcase. It needs around 24:1 to leave any puddle after sitting for a week

Slightly off topic but I'm regularly surprised at the talk of the poor quality of the fuel available in North America. Does that apply to Deisel as well?
I suppose it must be due to refinery standards legislated by govts.?
For many years I never used stabil or similar although I do now. And not many average blokes I know ever use it. I have never seen canned fuel, but it is probably available in the cities.
Hardly any E10 is sold of course.
Some Aussies will probably chime in now with horror stories, maybe I've just been lucky with pump 98 and premium Deisel

Sounds like life is hard in Oz...boo fu¢king hoo!

651c5e30c07f31f89b6b02f1fe62611f.gif

It seems to burn relatively clean but it leaves internal parts relatively dry.

I think you’ll be surprised at how rich it needs mixed in order to leave any residual in the crankcase. It needs around 24:1 to leave any puddle after sitting for a week
I run 32:1.
I was using it my my kx250 then a yz250 before I ran it in saws without issue. A bunch of the local harescramble racers recommended it, they run it in their race bikes because it burns clean.
I've burned a couple gallon's of it now and nothing has blown up or carboned up.

Latest posts

Back