Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get some pictures of John's log bucking trailer in action if you can. Would really like to see it.

Today is loaded for me. I've got 2 complete rebuild/port 385xps on the bench. And 2 372 cylinders to turn. Going to be a busy weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get some goose hunting in later this evening.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dehy8uja.jpg

Yep my shoulders are feeling all that saw time I got. Thanks for letting me run all the big saws boys. I love the big saws! But man that little wicked 562 thinks it is a big saw! Stupid crazy fun saw to run. And now after running that snellerized 66 and matt's smooth as silk 064 I think I'll big digging around in my parts saws again! Gonna need one of each running I'm sure of it. Especially with all the Tops that we are gonna have to cut up in the near future. That trailer is the bomb, Love that thing!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The aluminum walk board was a temporary fixture to help determine how high to make the walk way for the saw operators. We decided 14-16" would work well so I will be making 2 boxes 7' long to store equipment in which will double as the walkway.

This last picture shows some of the larger rounds cut but not the largest.

It was kind of funny, the first thing Hedgerow said to me when we got to the cutting site was, "I guess the pile is larger than I thought it was."

We oriented the trailer & splitters to where the splits could be tossed into the lean to. We quickly realized our mistake. The wind blew saw chips into our faces. We stuck it out but you better believe we will plan it better for the Mansfield cut, April 4th & 5th.

A pile of logs, one saw operator & a good loader operator is able to supply round for 3 splitting crews. However it will take several saw operators to produce the pile of logs.

Even though the trailer made it much easier on backs, I still think we all went home tuckered out.

It was a great day! A few sprinkles but over all nice weather.

Latest posts

Back