Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics EZ, thanx.

Has it lifted off the trailer at all since you started, or still making solid contact?

Jomoco

The tree does not contact the trailer. It is being supported by the crooked branch on the shop roof. And of course nothing has moved, even with all I've removed the tree is still trying to push the shop over.

Makes me wonder how well rooted that base is?

Nice n green though, which is comforting!

I suspect it's been that way for many years.

Jomoco

62--heckuvaguy!

The roots are holding extremely well and there are no rotten spots. It's leaking sap like mad from every place I've trimmed. The tree didn't suddenly fall over; it grew that way in a natural bonsai shape, apparently due to seeking sunlight while trying to escape the stranglehold of that huge vine that tried to suffocate it. Over the years it has crowded out the trailer and is now trying to push over the shop. I'll show a photo of the gap between the shop door and its frame. You'll notice there is a large gap at the bottom and the door is heavily scraping the frame at the top.

Anybody wanting to contribute to the cause please PM me and I'll shoot you my PayPal. I'll collect and most likely make a payment direct to the rental agency on jomoco's behalf. If for what ever reason this doesn't happen I'll send refunds out.
The ones who have already expressed interest I'll PM you as soon as I have a moment this afternoon

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was gonna send 50 bucks I'll send the 87.50 if no one else wants to help.
I just want to have a set in stone plan b4 I send money to some random guy I met on the internet... haha

@kz1000 you still in for atleast the $20?

I sent the money the day that I said I would send it, he thanked me in a conversation.

Thanks fellas. Appreciate the concern and the help. It's not that I don't think a pro would be worth the expense. If I had the money to spend I certainly would hire it out.

What they are saying is that from all the gear you have bought, the amount of money you are likely to lose in the end on resale could have paid for a climber for 1 day...and a climber could have had that down in less than 1 day. That option would have not wasted a bunch of time, money, and gas rounding this stuff up, and it certainly would have been easier on yourself too.

What they are saying is that from all the gear you have bought, the amount of money you are likely to lose in the end on resale could have paid for a climber for 1 day...and a climber could have had that down in less than 1 day. That option would have not wasted a bunch of time, money, and gas rounding this stuff up, and it certainly would have been easier on yourself too.

Not to worry. A new friend has graciously offered to come up here all the way from San Diego to help. And others have even offered to donate to make sure this works out. With all this good will and good fortune I will not be concerned about the possibility of losing money on gas or reselling equipment, or even for bad judgement. The time I've spent learning about tree climbing and felling and necessary equipment, shopping for gear, working on the tree's removal...means nothing compared to Jomoco's time which he has unselfishly offered.

Even what I have learned about myself in my willingness to accept such a challenge on my own, facing my fear of the potential danger each time I climbed higher, the successful progress I've made so far, the generosity of strangers--all this has been a wonderful and unforgettable experience for me that I simply cannot regret.

Just an update I have 30 bucks from spyder62. If anybody else would like to donate to the cause hit me up via PM. Anything is appreciated. What ever the balance is hsell and I will split.

kz1000 has donated $20 direct to ez1 I hope he will use that money in some way for jomoco weather for food, beer, stripper, or gas money.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I would like to know more of the progress and any pics. I am glad no body is in the hospital with some thing broken. The whole process sounds very good. Some times hardships brings about true rewards. Thanks

Not to worry. A new friend has graciously offered to come up here all the way from San Diego to help. And others have even offered to donate to make sure this works out. With all this good will and good fortune I will not be concerned about the possibility of losing money on gas or reselling equipment, or even for bad judgement. The time I've spent learning about tree climbing and felling and necessary equipment, shopping for gear, working on the tree's removal...means nothing compared to Jomoco's time which he has unselfishly offered.

Even what I have learned about myself in my willingness to accept such a challenge on my own, facing my fear of the potential danger each time I climbed higher, the successful progress I've made so far, the generosity of strangers--all this has been a wonderful and unforgettable experience for me that I simply cannot regret.

Man that is good news! I wish I were closer, I'd come help as well. I'm glad everything is working out for you...we do try to take care of our own! I can't help but think the progress you made on that tree helped you learn things about yourself as well. Wishing you guys the best of luck with the removal, and may the "after beers" be ICE cold...we'll be waiting on pics!

Ted, Love to see some photos. The 'rope saws' I tried were all junk. Maybe start a 'Rope Saw' thread?
Philbert

Since it was my idea we will cal it Philbert's Chain Corner, Every thing you wanted to know about chains, but were afraid to ask. Everything you did not know you needed to know, but you will soon know.

I have found that using a rope saw can do more than most can imagine and with complete safety. All the saws that I looked at convinced me that they would last one cut and no more. Which is why I started messing with used pieces of chain for my saws. I have one in the mill but it mostly just has the ends complete. I finally got some pictures of one of my vices that has been out in the field. Thanks

Thanks fellas.

TJ--please post a link here for us if you start a thread on rope saws.

Had a small job to get out for a client over the weekend and another this morning.

Mostly prepped the yard in anticipation of Friday's project by removing from the area everything not essential to the job at hand. Nothing worth photographing. Got rid of a pile of rotten 2x's. Returned my landlady's POS ladder to get it out of the way. Consolidated and organized the equipment that might be of some use on Friday. Moved the upper level ladder to a new position so I can get at a couple of the lowest branches I've been working on.

No further progress on the tree as I had work related stuff to do yesterday and temps got up to 88 degrees. But I've been in touch with J, by phone, and we're good to go on our Friday morning schedule. Today I'll do what I can. And tomorrow I'll get the ladders out of J's way.

Back