Oregon 91 VG replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking into replacing the chain on my small Husky 35. It currently has Oregon 91 VG which is a low kickback chain with bumper links. What type of chain do you recommend to replace the 91 VG. Keep in mind that I don't want low kickback chain.
Thanks.

Carlton and Total both have a "pro" chain that works well. Try a Jonsered dealer for either, Tilton distributes both.

Rubicon,
If you use your little saw as much as I do, you probably go through quite a few chains on it in a year. I've found the Stihl chain to last about twice as long as the Oregon chain on my Echo CS3400. Sure, it has the bumper links, but they can be filed down quickly on a bench grinder (about 10 minutes before you ever install the chain). It may cost a little more, but since it lasts longer it's actually cheaper to run than the Oregon.

Hi
On my 2 335 i have swiched 2 sthil chian, On Oragon chain 1tanks of oil per 2 tank of mix, on sthil chain that raito decreased.

This week i tried this new sthil chain it has holes in the bottom of the drive links now i am using 1 tank of oil per 1 tank of mix.
I figure it is prolonging the life of my bars and chain.

When i use oragon chain thay always seam to break on me and that cost money.

Lawrence Martineau

Last edited:
Hello Husky 288, The 91vs is basically the same size chain except it is not a low kickback chain- does not have the bumpers.If your running the .375 low profile on a small saw,it is the chain to have. Any saw shop should carry these.LOL MIKEY

Latest posts

Back