Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay everyone. I will be moving some wood down to the spot this weekend. Will try to get some pics up. Happy Easter.

Count me in! I'll be able to visit an uncle in Carson. Anyone need a ride. I'll be coming from Shelton,wa. Got big wood? I could bring the Homey 990G.
rick burns 360-426-7245

I will have to check my work schedule to be sure but you know I think I might just come on over. Not sure how many saws I can stuff into the trunk of the car since I am way to cheap to drive the truck that far :) Will come down 12 and hang a right by St Hellens turn off... Cant remember the name of the hwy although I was down it last year and it was paved all the way now.

John[/QUOTE

WHOA! If you are talking about going over the 25 road to Cougar, it'll still be snowed in. Nobody is going to plow it until at least Memorial Day, if then. There was so much snow up there this year that the road couldn't be kept open to the usual place, Wakepish Sno Park, which is 19 miles up. The other road over Babyshoe is also snowed in and also has a slide to fix. Now, if you had somebody to meet you on the other side and had skis or a snowmobile.....

Would an East Coast wannabe be welcome? I might have my wife convinced. Now how do I get the saw on the plane?

Ian

That's an idea. Best part is she's footing the bill.. LOL

Ian

edit... if I do make it happen, will I need my 372/28" combo or would something bigger with a 36" bar be a better match to the wood?

Last edited:

Ian

edit... if I do make it happen, will I need my 372/28" combo or would something bigger with a 36" bar be a better match to the wood?

It sounds like there'll be a lot of saws there already. Might be fun to run some saws you've never run before.

ship it out a week in advance!

thats what I did I shipped mine to Dean!!!!! He is a really nice Guy!!!!! or send em to Booker Dog???? Ouuuhhhh Hes a husky freak,,,, that may not be a good Idea!!!! LOLOL!!!!! Cr@p thats the same Weekend As the TX GTG!!!!! No fair!!!! I cant be @ both!!!!

Last edited:
thats what I did I shipped mine to Dean!!!!! He is a really nice Guy!!!!! or send em to Booker Dog???? Ouuuhhhh Hes a husky freak,,,, that may not be a good Idea!!!! LOLOL!!!!! Cr@p thats the same Weekend As the TX GTG!!!!! No fair!!!! I cant be @ both!!!!

Then come to the cool one up here get a little more PNW fever.

Ian

I'm bettin the 28" will be plenty,,,, for a GTG,,,, be careful you'll be comin home with all kinds of goodies wrap handles, skip chains etc. etc. and what ever you do don't go to madsens, over in Centralia,,,, you will drop some coins if you go in there,,,

They have really good prices on saws BTW,,,, Stihl and Husky!!!!!! and safety gear,,,,, and clothes,,,, and riggin!!!! and on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Then come to the cool one up here get a little more PNW fever.

I'm tempted!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm bettin the 28" will be plenty,,,, for a GTG,,,, be careful you'll be comin home with all kinds of goodies wrap handles, skip chains etc. etc. and what ever you do don't go to madsens, over in Centralia,,,, you will drop some coins if you go in there,,,

They have really good prices on saws BTW,,,, Stihl and Husky!!!!!! and safety gear,,,,, and clothes,,,, and riggin!!!! and on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

I'm tempted!!!!!

You just keep talking and you'll talk yourself right into it. Hell, charter a bus and bring the Texas GTG guys with you. Other than a difference in regional accents we'd all be on the same page no matter where we got together.

:cheers: Bob

I'm thinking. Can anybody else have conversations about clothes? Pastels?
Dying techniques? Should I bring my touring kayak(s)? I can haul 2 of my kayaks safely on the car. How close to the river are you?

Ruh Roh.... you mentioned touring kayaks. My wife has a Dagger Edisto 16.5' touring kayak that she's not been in since 06. I kinda sold the car that had the rack on it and it's been a little like :sword: since. She's got her car set up with a rack now tho, so all's well that ends well. She'd love to hit the river with ya if it's not too cold. She has a shortie wet suit, do your kayaks have spray skirts?

Ian

I'm thinking. Can anybody else have conversations about clothes? Pastels?
Dying techniques? Should I bring my touring kayak(s)? I can haul 2 of my kayaks safely on the car. How close to the river are you?

About one and a half to the river.

We're looking at the possibility of driving down the 101 to see the redwoods that week too. How's the drive down the coast?

Ian

We're looking at the possibility of driving down the 101 to see the redwoods that week too. How's the drive down the coast?

Ian

If you do make sure you start at the top of 101... The Hoh? rain forest is pretty cool. I think thats how its spelled. Its fun to do the loop around MtSt Hellens too. Here is a pic off my deck:)

Back