Partner R11 parts need and other general questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmessenger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up a Partner R11 this week I believe it's one that was distributed by HOE in the USA as I can see where the Partner cast name was machined off the top of the starter housing. This one the coil was dead but I took the coil part way apart (the coil is not potted in epoxy like a modern coil but wrapped with lacquered cellophane paper). Anyway I kept unwinding wire until I got a good reading on my ohm meter put it all back together and smeared it over with silicone and it works great now. The saw has good compression and I got it started off of prime so now want to repaint it and get it fully functional.

One part I'm missing is the coupling that drives the oil pump, the coupling fits over the flywheel nut and connects to the oil pump to drive the pump. Anyone know where I can find one of these or have a picture and dimensions of one ?

Another question is I've seen some photos of an HOE R11 but it's a later style R11 and has metal name plates riveted on the starter housing and clutch cover. Mines an early one the type that just has a straight rear handle and I believe the early ones just had decals there are no rivet holes. I'd like to find good photos of the decal so I reproduce them, or at least get something that looks close.

This saw is in nice condition, even the original style roller nose bar is excellent so it's worth saving.

Thanks Tim

Back