Piltz Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keystone816

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what the deal is with these saws, i can't seem to find much info on them and i am just curious

Yeah I just finished watching watching a video on YouTube of a ms250 with a 24" bar. I searched google and found a few 880's for sale that they had "customized"

MS 180 250 260 all with larger bars and cutting like crazy!.. I found Piltz sprockets on ebay which seem to be the magic ingredient to this whole thing

If they don't do anything to the engines it seems like the sprockets would have to be a smaller and make the chain run slower so it can pull the longer bars and chains. I still don't see how those saws can be running bars like that stock. The biggest bar I run on my 044 is 25", and it's not very often it gets used.

I think it is combination of gearing and small, high performance chain- he says in the video that it is a MS250 running PS3 which is PICCO super (full chisel?)...which is probably why these says don't have a warranty- the PS3 chain is only for saws with 2 HP or less and the MS250 is rated at 3HP...I don't know what else they could have done to them if they didn't mess with the engines.

What get's me is whoever is selling these saws it's like their hiding, no website no phone numbers, no warranty. And they don't discuss anything about there saws in there videos. It's not logical to overwork your saw with to big of a bar and chain, it just caught my interest and i thought some of you professionals might know a little something about these guys.

I think it is combination of gearing and small, high performance chain- he says in the video that it is a MS250 running PS3 which is PICCO super (full chisel?)...which is probably why these says don't have a warranty- the PS3 chain is only for saws with 2 HP or less and the MS250 is rated at 3HP...I don't know what else they could have done to them if they didn't mess with the engines.
If that is what he is doing I would have thought he would have a problem after a time as bars of that size I would have thought are for 3/8th std chain size not lo pro & possibly also his spur/ rim sprocket. perhaps he thinks the saw will have long gone if & when this occurs[ hence no warrenty] stand corrected if wrong

Back