Piltz Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is combination of gearing and small, high performance chain- he says in the video that it is a MS250 running PS3 which is PICCO super (full chisel?)...which is probably why these says don't have a warranty- the PS3 chain is only for saws with 2 HP or less and the MS250 is rated at 3HP...I don't know what else they could have done to them if they didn't mess with the engines.
There's only so much they could do to the engine anyways. The 192 and 250 are clamshells. I did see a 261 with a 28" bar from them however. They often use the keyword "hot saw" in their ads as well. I know that the eBay acct has enough neg feedback that I wouldn't buy.

Its amazing not one person on here has at least bought a sprocket and chain to try them. My question is ...why do they include a new stihl bar in their kits. Wouldn't the original stihl bar be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a ported stihl 044/046 with a 3/8 full chisel chain and 24" bar.

It would be fun to put a 14 teeth sprocket and run 325 chain....

Its amazing not one person on here has at least bought a sprocket and chain to try them. My question is ...why do they include a new stihl bar in their kits. Wouldn't the original stihl bar be the same.
It is a new bar for a Stihl if it's 24(28)". Not a Stihl bar.
Cause Stihl doesn't make one that size for the 250........

But they have a 16 inch kit for a 180 with a stihl bar and that's pretty common I think. That full skip chisel on a 16 inch bar would be a nightmare if the tip hit anything. ...wouldn't it? They say they use them in their business. Must have good insurance

Ok. Curiosity and the need for a small saw got the best of me and I ordered the 180 from them. I'll report back. I want to see how it compares to my ported shinny 488. The 488 I have will seriously cut for a mid size saw.

Ok. Curiosity and the need for a small saw got the best of me and I ordered the 180 from them. I'll report back. I want to see how it compares to my ported shinny 488. The modded 488 with semi chisel chain I have will seriously cut for a mid size saw.

He certainly is asking a lot for a 180 Stihl...I couldn't get near that for mine and mine's not bad for what it is..

If you put a 50 gauge bar on it with a high quality chain and changed out sprocket to a rim , that's about what you would have in it.

Latest posts

Back