Pine Tree Revisited, Night Climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookiecutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had such a good time in that pine tree I decided to go back with a buddy. We didn't plan a night climb but we weren't able to make it earlier in the day, climbing at night turned out to be pretty cool. Rope management was MUCH smoother this climb, I kept it dangling as Moss does, and it worked really slick. We did the climb in 3 pitches just as last time. Once at the top we decided to rig a standard rappel instead of going down on the blakes. It was a balmy 15 degrees :) Here are a few pictures..

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Last edited:
Another nice climb cookiecutter, coming down on doubled rope with a figure8/rescue8 has to be my favorite way to rappel, the friction is just right for an easily controlled descent. :cheers:

What was that, a tall Scotch pine in a park?

Its all that comes to mind right now, that has the orange bark on the limbs.

:)

What was that, a tall Scotch pine in a park?

Its all that comes to mind right now, that has the orange bark on the limbs.

:)

Yep it is. I asked the same thing and Mr. Cookie confirmed. I think he's offline for at least the next year or two, on his LDS (Church of Latter Days Saints) mission in Texas. We have to find out where he'll be and get him a rope and harness!
-moss

Back