• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

turnkey4099

turnkey4099

Tree Freak
I am building a stock to carry me though my declining years. None of this is for sale. All Black Locust most of which was killed by the Locust Borer.

My current splitting area. I will be moving the splitting operation elswhere when that area is filled even with the stuff to the left. There are 8 ricks there so far. All my wood is piled rick tight against rick, no space between them. I keep my homemade cart there to toss in the bark/chips as I split then haul to the fire pile. Jusst did that today.

Stuff to the left is the oldest since I started cutting nothing but B Locust. That was around '95 or 96.

3 areas.
Far one by fence is my next season's wood. Around 5 cords - that was cut back in mid 90s from a blowdown area.
Rounds by fence is stuff waiting to be split - guestimate 6+ cords
Left hand pile has 2 20' ricks of unsplit rounds plus 7 or 8 ricks containing 1.5 cord splits.

More cut early in the B Locust era. Those piles go back some 20' to the garage/woodshed

I figure 40 + cords total but suspect it would be much more.

Harry K

Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
I can't think of a wood much better suited to long term storage than Black Locust...
Good choice...:rock:

I sold out everything I had by Christmas last winter... I only keep "special" stuff longer than a year...

Last edited:
NIP Group
sam-tip

sam-tip

Firewood Helper
Last edited:
Fred Wright

Fred Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's the stack for 2013/2014. Approximately 3 cord in there.

Last year's splitting location. It moves around. :D

The 2012/2013 pile before splitting.

logbutcher

logbutcher

Banned
Website
Visit site
Fred W:
That a new Ramsplitter electric ? 110v ? Cost ? How's the 4-way head work for you ?
How about a review with pros/cons ?
Thx,
LB

PS I wasn't at ease with all those hydraulics on top close to the lovely face. :eek2:

Last edited:
dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
Website
none.com
Snotrocket

Snotrocket

ArboristSite Member
My growing wood pile. It's about 4 cords in this picture. I've got a couple more that are split that I need to stack.