Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,

I just got around to processing the trees I fell last fall. Rounds sat for the winter in the yard. Split by hand. Noodled the twisted ones. Wood won't see the inside of the stove until 2020. I am fully stocked ATM and need to get to the 4-5 year old stacks. Could be worse - lol.

View attachment 648922 View attachment 648923 View attachment 648924

Great looking pile. I’ve got to adjust to all the acronyms used around here. When scanning posts this morning, I thought yours said you had a fully stocked ATM ( as in Automated Teller Machine ) - said to myself that must be nice I wonder how much cash one holds. Sometimes it seems with woodcutting that a well stocked ATM is almost a necessity.

Ron

Great looking pile. I’ve got to adjust to all the acronyms used around here. When scanning posts this morning, I thought yours said you had a fully stocked ATM ( as in Automated Teller Machine ) - said to myself that must be nice I wonder how much cash one holds. Sometimes it seems with woodcutting that a well stocked ATM is almost a necessity.

Ron

Thanks for the chuckle Ron.

A few years ago when my daughters were really young they figured we ought to get an ATM at home. That way, we could just push a button and "make" money whenever we needed it. That was right around the time they wanted to save some $'s and fill up my truck using the garden hose. Always trying to help, they are.

I am getting ready to build a 10' - 20' lean to in the next few weeks. Took out a stump from hell yesterday and added drainage pipe to help with mud season . The stump and a large rock had been a pain in the ass in the past seasons, blocking me from driving the tractor in front of half my wood storage tent. I talked to a guy down the road and he has lots of good hardwood left behind after getting it logged. He is willing to let it go for $20 a cord for the large sections and free for the rest. Easy access for my tractor and I can load the truck right up. He also needs some tractor work around the yard and will trade this for the cord wood. The pics are from last year, new pics when the lean to is done and I get the scrounge in

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
One of the 3 big piles of rounds is now dead! This new splitter is wayyyyyyy faster.
91384a39494bd79585baec20155eead2.jpg
ff787ce97f17392eea08abf3f0908494.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I finally reworked the wood lot. The messy pic is from a few years ago. I took down seven more trees last week on top of about 12-15 previously and ground all the stumps.
Now I can back my trailer in, dump the logs then stack in the pile. I have the log pile running north and south and sitting on railroad ties. I will be working from north to south (oldest to newest). I'm pretty excited, this should make processing much easier versus random piles all over the place and having to the splitter around.
3c0d240f1a3e30df9d00c5f8f3d22b14.jpg
6ad026a4cd6c14f0e8d2b3af0cc136ad.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The pile of rounds is ready whenever I am. Hard to find time this time of year. And the wife says we are shutting the OWB off for the year so I put the last of a crate of wood in it. The other pieces have been in there since last Sunday turning into charcoal.
IMG_20180515_191814.jpg IMG_20180513_181717.jpg IMG_20180515_195044.jpg

wood loks to small and thin
i like thick wood for long hot burn

and you dont have to fill up the stove as often when you use small thin wood

Back