• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
We couldn’t see the whole machine.
Yeah, the pictures reminded me of some of those 'Aussie Chopper' models we see in the Australian threads.

Googled 'Brute Force' splitters: more info and photos there. No pics of your buddy's house!

Philbert

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
thumbnail_IMG_0399.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0401.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0408.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0409.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0410.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0398.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0415.jpg

Since the humidity was 100% we decided to take the splitter out for a spin processing most of the larger red oak rounds.
Most of the rounds were between 30- 36,37 inches by 18-20 inches .
Hardest job was rolling the large rounds on the lift & keeping pace with the cycle speed (clearing the chute & making sure the splits
go up the conveyor properly).

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Thanks.

So, it looks like the push plate forces the bottom of a large round through a box splitter, then the top frame brings the rest of the round back on the return trip, so that it can drop down, and go again?

I assume that this also makes fairly uniform splits?

Looks like the company is located not too far from Tree Monkey's place.

Philbert

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Thanks.

So, it looks like the push plate forces the bottom of a large round through a box splitter, then the top frame brings the rest of the round back on the return trip, so that it can drop down, and go again?

I assume that this also makes fairly uniform splits?

Looks like the company is located not too far from Tree Monkey's place.

Philbert
Yes & yes.
We were looking to reduce the amount of touches wrangling the larger pieces on the conventional 4 way/6 way wedge on the Built Rite
About as uniform as one can get.
The Brute Force also sits higher, so no bending over(except to clear the chute)

It was towed down about a month ago, as my friend has a cabin in NE Wisconsin.
Shipping it down would have added another 1K is what I heard

thewoodlands

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
I started making a trail wider and higher so the RTV won't get a light taken out by some branches. I took a total of three American Hophornbeam from up top and one more that fell across a trail we use for walking.

Attachments

Cowboy254

Cowboy254

Compulsive scrounger
Here's the pile to stack in the middle bay as I work my way forward from the back. Two rows at the back already stacked. 9 rows makes for 5.5 cords or 20 cubes.

5th Sep 5.jpg

5th Sep 6.jpg

The 'to be stacked' pile looks better from below the 2 ft retaining wall.

5th Sep 7.jpg

I don't think there's enough to fill the bay, gonna have to scrounge some more. :happy: