Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha those didn't fall. We had 4-5 inches of rain and I tarped it before it hit. Those were holding down parts of the tarp. :msp_biggrin:

Sweet deal! I like your set-up too. Your in Loudon ? That isn't to far from me. Just a few hour drive.

Shane

Yes I'm about 5 miles from NH Motor Speedway. Where is Calais? I know southern Maine pretty well but have never been to Calais.

attachment.php

Its a start. I have added more since I took that pic. Another 3 rows.

Calais is right on the coast. It's not a major city by any means, but those don't really exist in Maine anyway.

I am in nh. But I disagree, as far as I have gone up the coast of maine, it has been full of mass wholes. Like maggets on a dead chicken. There was evan a show on 20/20 on it.

Wood shed.....

I hate tarps with a passion. I really need to build a wood shed that will hold 4 cord or so.

Here's my wood shed I put up about 4 years ago, I figured what it would take to heat the house and designed the shed around that. 12ft by 8ft, 5ft high in the back and 6 1/2ft in the front, gives it just enough slope for the snow to slowly slide off the back. Metal roof with a foot of over hang front and back, half a foot over hang on each side. Got L hooks on the sides and back to string 2x4's horizontal so I can also run thin vertical stringers to keep the wood in place. It breaths real nice.I put hooks on the north and east sides to hang tarps 'cause those are the sides where the most snow and rain come in. It'll hold 4 1/2+ cord of wood. Been working out good so far. The first pic is lookin' out the back window at the empty shed April 2011,

attachment.php

.....the next one was the day before this past Christmas.....

attachment.php

.....and the last one is from March 10, 2012.....

attachment.php

Wood pile is growing. Tomorrow i have to go to my other wood lot. Powerline co. called me last week to inform me that they clear under lines. 18 ft large along the road. They were suppose to do it last fall. I'm not very happy of that. Gonna take pictures.

Had to add another processing area..and maybe a new saw

My old area is now slap full, can't fit no mo or it will spill out into the drive..

attachment.php

sose I had to start a new area, this is over by the cluckeraptor containment compound...with my assistant Vanna showing the lovely prizes.....

attachment.php

...so any way, driving back and forth with this week's score loads, I am thinking, "self, dang, just dang, you REALLY need a big saw. You got all the rest of this big pine, the big pine still to cut in the back yard, the real big redoak tree to finish felling and cutting, all the oak and hickory down, then all the rest of the big swamp wood tornado downs....so, what to get, what to shoot for" ....I look down at the tractor dash and see this right when I am thinking all of this....

attachment.php

My old area is now slap full, can't fit no mo or it will spill out into the drive..

attachment.php

sose I had to start a new area, this is over by the cluckeraptor containment compound...with my assistant Vanna showing the lovely prizes.....

attachment.php

...so any way, driving back and forth with this week's score loads, I am thinking, "self, dang, just dang, you REALLY need a big saw. You got all the rest of this big pine, the big pine still to cut in the back yard, the real big redoak tree to finish felling and cutting, all the oak and hickory down, then all the rest of the big swamp wood tornado downs....so, what to get, what to shoot for" ....I look down at the tractor dash and see this right when I am thinking all of this....

attachment.php

It looks like you have been having some fun!

attachment.php

Your tractor is trying to tell you something. Now that's a big saw! :cool2:

Split for about 2.5 hours today...
SplitToday2012.jpg

The remainder of the pile
Wood2012_full.jpg

Start of the '13-'14 stack. (2012-13 stacks buried behind the white pines which I've since been scolded for on AS... but I'm not moving them now.)
Stackstart13.jpg

Split for about 2.5 hours today...
SplitToday2012.jpg

The remainder of the pile
Wood2012_full.jpg

Start of the '13-'14 stack. (2012-13 stacks buried behind the white pines which I've since been scolded for on AS... but I'm not moving them now.)
Stackstart13.jpg

Looks like a nice operation you got going there! I am jealous of that stack!

Picked up the wood cut by the powerline co. today. It was cold this morning about -5C. We did it with an ATV. Pictures of the working day and wood stack.

Picked up the wood cut by the powerline co. today. It was cold this morning about -5C. We did it with an ATV. Pictures of the working day and wood stack.

Looks like a heck of a score! Looks like a cold day to be getting wood though, LOL

Back